Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I intend to get some more lift on my YJ by just upgrading shackles with boomerang shaped ones. Now, I will try to get them fabricated so I'd really like to know your opinions. The stock shackles are (from hole to hole) 10 cm long (3,94"), what I intend to do is to make boomerang shackles 17 cm long (6,69") in order to gain 1,4" lift (3,5cm). Does this work?
I'm planning to swap it both on the front and on the rear so what do I need to fabricate in order for this to work?

Pro & cons?
Any ideas are welcome

Now don't mind unknown language, just a thing (instructions) I sent to my friend who will make them)

·
Administrator
12,548 Posts
not sure but it appears the one in the photograph has a greater distance on the lower section. Also from some reason, I want to say running them in the front is not as important as the back, but it been a while sine I had a jeep with leaf springs...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know they are vital for the rear end leaf travel. I'd like to invent an 1" or a bit more of lift just to accomodate those 31"s better (I do not plan to put larger tires on it)

Another photo:
(and yes, one section is slightly longer)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts