Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have one and a couple others on here do also. I didn't get mine through these guys. The main issue I ran into was getting the tune correct. I added another injector and used an 8#pulley due to the altitude I live in. Simple install. They're dyno numbers of 200hp are good if you get the tune and gearing right. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you I appreciate the feedback I guess I anticipated the kit comes with the correct tune but what else did you have to buy ?

·
Registered
276 Posts
It may I can't get the page to load properly to see what all is included. Lots of guys use Split Second Fuel Calibrator, this tricks your computer into thinking it's running similar to stock, I used this for a while but then I switched and had some professional tuning work done, note this isn't very cheap. My LJ didn't like the Split Second as it's a Canadian Jeep and there were some issues working with the US calibration unit.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
good to know. Mine is a 98' and from what I have heard are easier to tune...fingers crossed. Still trying to figure out if I should go with this or just rebuild the 350 chevy that's in my garage with trick flow heads torqer cam but would have to get accessories, 4 barrel TBI (wanna keep it simple) and wiring...decisions decisions. However the 4.0 in my jeep runs great...just want more power...evil addiction..lol.

·
Registered
276 Posts
There seem to be hiccups with anyway you go, SC, TC, 350, HEMI etc. I'm happy with mine now, it runs great but it took a few thousand of F bombs to get there. Good luck!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think its a pretty good set up really. NV3500 4.88 gears 37" Truxus MTs. I have the Edge chip with the 62mm Throttle body. still need more tho...

·
Commercial Member
287 Posts
These kits are real and the latest work well. It will add a real +60 rear wheel HP and +70 rear wheel TQ. It maintain the stock injectors and ecu and adds a 7th injector and controller to handle the boost fuel and timing retard. I just got back from Moab and showing these kits.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
good to know. Mine is a 98' and from what I have heard are easier to tune...fingers crossed. Still trying to figure out if I should go with this or just rebuild the 350 chevy that's in my garage with trick flow heads torqer cam but would have to get accessories, 4 barrel TBI (wanna keep it simple) and wiring...decisions decisions. However the 4.0 in my jeep runs great...just want more power...evil addiction..lol.
97-04 are the hardest to tune. there is no reflashing of the PCM that can be done.
05-06 are easier to tune. these can be reflashed by a professional tuner with dyno.

either way, no TJ is capable to reading boost...the computer doesn't know what to do. that's where the SplitSecond comes in...it has a built in MAP sensor that helps deliver more fuel in boost.

Thats nowhere near enough gear for 37's
agreed. needs 5.38s. boost won't fix improper gearing...

·
Commercial Member
287 Posts
These kits leave all the stock injectors and ECU alone. It starts, idles, cold starts, drives, emissions just as stock when not in boost.

The kits add a 7th 60lb/hr injector which is controlled with it's own stand alone box. It only turns on with boost. During boost it also retards the ignition timing. It also 'clamps' the MAP sensor output voltage and O2 sensor output voltages to prevent any CELs. It is all Plug-n-play into the ecu harness. It sort of piggy backs on but it is really a stand alone controller for the 7th injector.

Kits come with Split Second FTC1 already programmed out of the box. No tuning required.

These kits work on all '97-'06 TJs.

·
Commercial Member
287 Posts
'99 and '00 TJs are my favorite.
More info in my sig.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Updates? I have 2006 LJ with 102K. Looking to add a supercharger. Did I see that Boosted Tech is in Colorado Springs? That would be extremely convenient.
How does this handle being at 12,000 and then 5,000 all in the same day? I'm worried about being tuned for a specific elevation and then having issue with elevation changes.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts