Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I was wondering how many jeepers out there installed a Borla Cat-back exhaust with the included clamps? Has anyone went ahead and welded it in instead? Lastly what's your take on the sound? I've got my eye on the dual outlet.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Don't have the Borla, but just installed the Magnaflow which is a similiar setup and the clamp worked fine...don't think welding could hurt in any way (unless you wanted to remove it later). The factory exhaust is also just clamped on fwiw

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome! I put the order in today. :happyyes:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi everyone,
Okay, I've got the Cat-back exhaust. Now how the heck am I going to take these pain in the arse rubber hangers off? Any tips? The one clamp is positioned in the worst way so you can't get a socket wrench in there. I'll cut the clamp off if I have to!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well it seems like I'll be trying out some channel locks, WD-40, C clamps, prying, improper tool usage and some cursing.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Lol... cursing and improper tool usage go hand in hand :).

I use channel locks and WD40 to pop those hangers out, if they are tight, stick a large flat head screwdriver in then use the channel locks, that usually pops them right out.

Or... you could rent a muffler hanger tool, but, that's just to easy and not something I would surely do :).

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All finished! The install went fairly smooth. Getting out the old exhaust... wow! I had to use my Dremel to cut the clamp by the Y branch, cut the pipe over the axial and unbolt the skid plate next to the resonator. I'm so glad it's over! Maybe because it was hot and the smell of a dead rabbit outside made it frustrating, but I sure love the low tone it makes now! Just an extra tip, if you can't take off the rubber insulator from the exhaust move on to remove it from the body.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts