Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A month or two ago I got the 16" Bosch Evolution blades for my JK. My stock ones were doing fine but i heard a lot of good about the Boschs.

I got them and put them on. Fit fine. I tested them with just the washer fluid and wasn't too impressed, they streaked! I washed it off again the best I could and had the same results.

It sprinkled a little on and off so I used them, but I haven't really had a chance to really use them in real rain until today. Today it finally rained here in Kansas. I turned on the wipers and they streaked again! I think they should be considered broken in, so why are they streaking?

Any help on what to do? I put my stock ones back on and they work fine. No streaks at all!

·
..shall not be infringed!
4,666 Posts
Hum.... I use Bosch Evolution 16" and they've been great. I only get streaking if something is stuck under the blade - redwood needles are the worst, but any little thing will do it.

I would guess that you tried cleaning the blade edge first thing, so I have no clue unless you just got a bad batch...

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hum.... I use Bosch Evolution 16" and they've been great. I only get streaking if something is stuck under the blade - redwood needles are the worst, but any little thing will do it. I would guess that you tried cleaning the blade edge first thing, so I have no clue unless you just got a bad batch...
I know. I heard a ton of good about them so thats what I chose. Kinda sad I got crap.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
I got those on the cemetery's dump truck after the chick at Auto Zone said how awesome they are. One day I was plowing snow and they couldn't keep the windshield clean.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
I've been using those blades for over 4 yrs. with no issues. I've replaced them three times, not because they were worn but because I don't like going more than 18 months with blades. I've had the same experiance as Up Hill Bill. No idea what the issue could be.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I used to use the Bosch wipers all the time, but I got sick of buying them! They work great for the first 3 months or so, but I find them to be too fragile and they wear out too quickly. Granted, I am OCD as hell when it comes to a clean windshield, so mine probably get used much more often than most. The best wipers I've found so far are the Rain-X wipers. They are bowed to better adhere to the windshield, stay put in high winds and last for years rather than months. I believe they are treated with a polymer that is designed to work in conjunction with Rain-X repellent. On top of that, I use the Rain-X windshield wiper fluid for the trifecta! When it rains, I barely need to use my wipers. About the only use they see now is for bug splats. BTW, I use the 17" ones instead of 16". The 16" are hard to find and the 17" give a wider swipe without over-reaching the glass.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I've always had good luck with Evolution on most curved windows. When I tried the Evolution on my Jeep they streaked and chattered terribly. I took them back, bought the Bosch regular blades and used the rubber portions to refill my factory blades. That was about 25000 miles ago and they are just now showing signs of needing replaced.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
I used to use the Bosch wipers all the time, but I got sick of buying them! They work great for the first 3 months or so, but I find them to be too fragile and they wear out too quickly. Granted, I am OCD as hell when it comes to a clean windshield, so mine probably get used much more often than most. The best wipers I've found so far are the Rain-X wipers. They are bowed to better adhere to the windshield, stay put in high winds and last for years rather than months. I believe they are treated with a polymer that is designed to work in conjunction with Rain-X repellent. On top of that, I use the Rain-X windshield wiper fluid for the trifecta! When it rains, I barely need to use my wipers. About the only use they see now is for bug splats. BTW, I use the 17" ones instead of 16". The 16" are hard to find and the 17" give a wider swipe without over-reaching the glass.
I may have to try that. Both are 17's?

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Take an alcohol wipe and run it down the blade. See if that works.
Don't do that unless your wipers blades are silicon. Alcohol will dry out rubber something fierce and cause it to fail prematurely. Silicone spray however, will work fine on rubber, although unless you get it all off, it will streak for a little while after application.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts