Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Wow...both broke.....rock crawling? You could weld the two pieces together, if it didn't twist the metal and was a clean break. I just bought 2 new perch's and welded them on last week. They cost me $25 for both perch's from my local 4wd shop. Good luck.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YJ Jeep Freak said:
Wow...both broke.....rock crawling? You could weld the two pieces together, if it didn't twist the metal and was a clean break. I just bought 2 new perch's and welded them on last week. They cost me $25 for both perch's from my local 4wd shop. Good luck.
I'm not sure if welding it would be strong enough and it was some hill climbs but nothing too crazy

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
You can get replacements and have them welded in place. With as old as these YJ's are you never know how much crap they have been through before you owned it so it is just a matter of time for certain parts to fail. So look around and get some parts and some welding and you will be wheeling again soon.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where could you get the replacements would the replacement just weld on straight to the axel it's hard to see the old mount since its so old and has so much caked on it and its dark out

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is also my daily driver so with the shocks broken is it still ok to drive? I drove about an hour home and didn't notice they were broken until I got back and didn't notice any difference in the drive but I just want to be sure it won't do any more damage before I drive it around again

·
Registered
159 Posts
You would have to grind off the old perch's and then weld new perch's in the same location on the axle tube. I wouldn't do the repair welding of the old perch's, but if a weld is done properly it is usually the strongest point compared to the rest of the metal. You can find perch's online or a local 4 wheel drive store. I would think your okay driving it carefully until you get the parts.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea that's what I was doin now because I just looked under there and one side looks like it has been welded a few times so I don't want to keep messin with and old part that has been broken multiple times

1 - 9 of 9 Posts