Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought 52 inch Eyourlife which wire harness is needed? Also will the rough county 50 inch brackets work. I see some say yes some say no

I will be adding the day star panel.

Also

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Bought 52 inch Eyourlife which wire harness is needed? Also will the rough county 50 inch brackets work. I see some say yes some say no I will be adding the day star panel. Also
I wouldn't use a 50" bracket on a 52" bar. They tighten weird and my buddy had his partially fly off on the highway doing that. Pretty sure Eyourlife makes 52" brackets cheap.

·
Jeeper
49 Posts
Those mounts will work fine, they do have a gap between the mount and the windshield frame (about 1/2" at the top (because of the bar width) but it works fine. As far as the wiring, I wired it to a relay mounted under the hood (screwed to the firewall on the right side) and powered it though a push-button switch on the A-pillar, powered from the accessory/lighter circuit.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those mounts will work fine, they do have a gap between the mount and the windshield frame (about 1/2" at the top (because of the bar width) but it works fine. As far as the wiring, I wired it to a relay mounted under the hood (screwed to the firewall on the right side) and powered it though a push-button switch on the A-pillar, powered from the accessory/lighter circuit.
Thanks i was looking for what brand to get but i bought the

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00R7IOOMS?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Thanks.

·
Jeeper
49 Posts
That will work fine - you will just need to determine where you want to pull the 12 Vdc input for the switch to light & power the relay for the light. I used the "12 V power adapter" from Quadratec - provides an ignition switched 12 Vdc source under the dash for easy power application to the switch;

Quadratec Exclusive JK-APT2011 - 12 Volt Power Adapter for 99-16 Jeep® Wrangler TJ, JK , TJ Unlimited & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

1 - 5 of 5 Posts