Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Sold my 1995 2.5L YJ Sunday and bought a 1997 4.0L TJ Monday. Got enough for my YJ where I didn't have to gather any extra money to get the TJ.
My question is the AC doesn't blow out the center vents. It does blow out the sides. Any idea what to look for to fix that? It is a 1997 4.0 5 Speed 104,000 miles

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. It is great to see the TJ section is just has helpful and quick responding as the YJ section was.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does a TJ have the same problem with the Hood vent getting water inside the jeep as with the YJ?

·
Registered
210 Posts
With the 97 it does lol, just change out ur hood cowl with a 98 I newer one and it should be good. The 97 has 3 vents and the new ones have one.

·
Registered
87 Posts
duaneduanet said:
Does a TJ have the same problem with the Hood vent getting water inside the jeep as with the YJ?
It is a common problem but id easily fixed buy keeping the drain clean that is on the center. Just pull the cowl vent an stick a metal hanger down the drain hole to push out any debris. I usally run a few cups of water threw it while i have it apart to flush it but its not a big deal and an easy fix. Congrads on the new Jeep.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts