Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Bought my first Jeep

1240 Views 11 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  Discount Tire
Hello from CO. I was in TX a few days ago and bought this 2015.

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

67k miles, rust free and no leaks that I can find. I pulled the build sheet using the VIN and it has 4.10 gears, a tow package, and Automatic. It was clearly setup as a dingy and has a hitch upfront and "Stay n Play Duo" brake controller.

I look forward to learning all I can. My plan is to use the Jeep to explore the Mountain Passes here in CO.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Good luck it's a great looking ride and I hope you enjoy your travels. I know I certainly did have fun running the logging roads and old trails all over the state. I lived in Denver from 72 to 75 and bought my first, of 4 Jeeps, in 1972. It was a 1970 Jeep Commando with the Buick 225 V6 and a three speed. Not a fireball for sure but I sure did have fun with it. I hope you enjoy yours as much. My current ride is a 2012 Wrangler Unlimited and at my age it will probably be my last. Here's a few pics.
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Plant Car
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Window
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle Automotive side marker light
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light Car

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You guys all have well sorted rigs. My wife drove the Jeep back to Summit County from Dallas while I was pulling my shop tools on a flat bed trailer. It didn't miss a beat in the 900 mile trip. I was a bit scared to let her drive an untested vehicle but no drama. My shop won't be setup until late Spring so I'll likely wheel it as is until next winter when I can tear into it.

· Retired Moderator
38,174 Posts
Welcome from the Desert SW.
Nice looking Ride!

· Registered
26 Posts
Good luck it's a great looking ride and I hope you enjoy your travels. I know I certainly did have fun running the logging roads and old trails all over the state. I lived in Denver from 72 to 75 and bought my first, of 4 Jeeps, in 1972. It was a 1970 Jeep Commando with the Buick 225 V6 and a three speed. Not a fireball for sure but I sure did have fun with it. I hope you enjoy yours as much. My current ride is a 2012 Wrangler Unlimited and at my age it will probably be my last. Here's a few pics. View attachment 4569679 View attachment 4569680 View attachment 4569681 View attachment 4569682
You guys all have well sorted rigs. My wife drove the Jeep back to Summit County from Dallas while I was pulling my shop tools on a flat bed trailer. It didn't miss a beat in the 900 mile trip. I was a bit scared to let her drive an untested vehicle but no drama. My shop won't be setup until late Spring so I'll likely wheel it as is until next winter when I can tear into it.
NIce Jeep!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts