Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the soft top i bought is missing the roll bar brackets i think... Anyone have a pic of how the top is mounted to the rollbar?

·
Premium Member
1,297 Posts
2013 soft top on 2013 jeep unlimited sahara. The ones in the ebay post look right.
Yes those are the ones I had to buy at the dealer along with the bolts and screws. The bolts hold the bracket to the roll bar and the screws hold the soft top to the brackets.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I am in the same boat how about some pics of where the brackets attach to the bows trying to figure this thing out and what all is missing. I bought a oem top and currently have a hard top. new top came with door surrounds some screws and the knobs for surrounds.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Strange, for some reason I have the bolts that connect the bracket to the roll bar but no brackets and no torx screws to connect the frame to the bracket.

Hopefully the parts counter can get these quick and for not too much money.

I had one more question about the soft top. Mine has a strap at the spring assist location that held it together. The strap has a plastic piece with half a button on one end.

Anyone know what that is for?

·
Premium Member
1,297 Posts
Once the soft top is mounted to the bracket you can slide the strap off and there is a snap for it to keep. When taking soft top off you must re hook the strap. Holds the spring assist from opening the top on you.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Last things guys ... so I ordered the brackets which were $12.50 a piece. Very reasonable price.

Problem is the screws are $8.50 a piece which seems a bit overpriced.

I have four screws with bolt heads which I assume I can use to attach the brackets to the roll bar.

Do you think I can use non oem screws to mount the frame to the brackets?

·
Premium Member
1,297 Posts
Last things guys ... so I ordered the brackets which were $12.50 a piece. Very reasonable price.

I have four screws with bolt heads which I assume I can use to attach the brackets to the roll bar.

I was so pissed off at the parts guy I asked if he would like to come with me too the show room so I could show him everything I needed. He decided it was a good idea. He then went and got a ratchet. Took out one of the bolts and went in the back and gave me a hand full no charge.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Last things guys ... so I ordered the brackets which were $12.50 a piece. Very reasonable price. Problem is the screws are $8.50 a piece which seems a bit overpriced. I have four screws with bolt heads which I assume I can use to attach the brackets to the roll bar. Do you think I can use non oem screws to mount the frame to the brackets?
Are those the bolts that hold the bracket to the rollbar or the bolts that attach the soft top to the brackets? On the 2013 they switched from the tiny shoulder bolts the 07-12 used and have a more standard bolt now.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got the soft top on today... What a pain getting the back corners on. I did have one problem. I cant get the one side all the way in the channel because theres some soft of foam between the top rail and the side quarter panel. Ive attached a pic, anyone have this problem?

ForumRunner_20130730_212150.jpg

·
Registered
1,758 Posts

I think I am in the same boat as you were. Where did you go to get the parts? Mopar dealer or somewhere else? Exactly what parts did you get to finish it off? Great detail would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts