Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, so about a week ago i found these MOPAR 82209772 - MOPAR® Rear Corner Guards in Smooth Black Steel for 97-06 Jeep® Wrangler TJ - Quadratec brand new, for 225 shipped to my house ($50-60 saved off of qtec price )... so i jumped on em ... only to find out that they are for ljs only -_- ..... now .... i have to figure out if i want to make them work :punk:eek:r sell them and start over:hide:

Please if you could post pictures of the rear corners of your jeeps LJ's AND TJ's .... im trying to compare the differencees between the sides to see if i can make the driver side fit to to the fuel door... since i beleive the distance between the rear of the jeep and the fuel door is different ... correct me if im wrong

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
I take it this was a PRIVATE sale and not from a vendor?

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
The only difference should be that the lj corners are about 5" longer so they will protrude over the wheel well opening. If you take off your flare and mock it up you could easily mark and trim the excess. The only problem you might have is with the bumper bar on the side, its probably a little longer and you will have to see where you can cut around it. Lj's and tj's are identical in dimension and spec except for the 10" bofore and 5" after the wheel well so the back and corner areas should fit up just fine. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
7,667 Posts
$225 for trail corners :eek:. For that price, u are gettin close to a set of full corners, and a little less than half the price u could have good trail corners as well.

As far as fitment goes, I don't think it'll work. The fuel door is in a different place on TJs vs LJs from what I can see.

If It were me, I would either return or sell those corners, and get either full aluminum corners (steel will kill u with weight) or get a different trail corner...I feel mopar is overpriced and the only difference with those corners is the little "rail" at the top edge...but I don't think it's worth 100 dollars more over other perfectly good trail corners.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So the location of the gas filler assembly is in the same location (in regards to distance from rear body seam)?

i have absolutely no problem cutting them .. in fact they will provide more cover then standard tj corners ... but im really not likeing the idea of cutting and rewelding do to the location of the filler assembly .... im NOT home with my jeep right now and i wont be for a few more months so i cannot check clearences ... i may have a friend or my wife check

if you with ljs could post pics of your driver side rear quarter panel i would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
$225 for trail corners :eek:. For that price, u are gettin close to a set of full corners, and a little less than half the price u could have good trail corners as well.

As far as fitment goes, I don't think it'll work. The fuel door is in a different place on TJs vs LJs from what I can see.

If It were me, I would either return or sell those corners, and get either full aluminum corners (steel will kill u with weight) or get a different trail corner...I feel mopar is overpriced and the only difference with those corners is the little "rail" at the top edge...but I don't think it's worth 100 dollars more over other perfectly good trail corners.

yeah thats what i fear ... i want a pic so i can confirm his ... as for the price ... i dont feel its to outrageous considering they come finished and with the rub rail ... plus i did pay less then qtec sell them for ... 50 off plus no shipping costs ... if they in fact wont work i will sell them
(or trade them ... offers? PM!)

it sucks because i was almost done with my list of stuff i wanted to buy while deployed lol ... all thats left on my list is rocker guards (a-z fab) and these corners ..... since i couldnt decide on a lift i just bought a 2" spacer lift and 1" body ( tummy tuck later) and will upgrade to a complete lift later

·
Registered
7,667 Posts
brs256 said:
yeah thats what i fear ... i want a pic so i can confirm his ... as for the price ... i dont feel its to outrageous considering they come finished and with the rub rail ... plus i did pay less then qtec sell them for ... 50 off plus no shipping costs ... if they in fact wont work i will sell them
(or trade them ... offers? PM!)

it sucks because i was almost done with my list of stuff i wanted to buy while deployed lol ... all thats left on my list is rocker guards (a-z fab) and these corners ..... since i couldnt decide on a lift i just bought a 2" spacer lift and 1" body ( tummy tuck later) and will upgrade to a complete lift later
Here is what I'm seeing for LJ and TJ fuel doors. The LJ is white and the TJ is green.

Attachments

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here is what I'm seeing for LJ and TJ fuel doors. The LJ is white and the TJ is green.

thanks ... but you kinda broke my heart a little lol

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ahhh, fuel filler, forgot. You can trim it down before the filler.
eh there would be little left for it to look right .... i posted them on craigslist for 250 .... they are sold new for 400 ... hopefully someone bites .... i also have a knockoff aev snorkel for a JK listed as well....

im open to trades/ offers .... least i would take for the corners is 225 if you pay shipping .... or 185 for the snorkel you pay shipping

local pickup northeast ohio 44001 area

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey guys sorry to revive my dead thread but ive been doing some thinking/ mental measuring(seems to never be accurate :D) but ive decided to modify these to fit my SWB tj ... i figure that only a small portion of the corner would have to be patched (where the filler is on the lj) because part of the hole will be voided due to the shorter distance between body seam and filler. ....

Could someone do me a favor and measure the distance between and body seam and filler cap on an lj and the tj seam and filler cap?

i figure cutting these to fit will be more cost effective, and i will end up with corners that are sort of like extended trail corners

1 - 15 of 15 Posts