Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed a 2" BB lift and install 3" rubicon springs, so I added 1" to the rear (already had 3" springs in the front). Now it bouncy as hell, like I'm riding on just springs. I have the Procomp Prorunner shocks that are about 2 years old. Never loosened the control arms arms, just the shocks and sway bar. Are these springs that dang bouncy and what can be done to eliminate it. It's horrible.

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
You are supposed to loosen all the control arm mounting bolts, all the track bar mounting bolts, every bolt that holds the suspension together, replace the springs and shocks. Then set the jeep back on the ground and while at "RIDE HEIGHT" tighten and torque all the bolts to proper torque. If you never loosened them, it isn't going to ride properly.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are supposed to loosen all the control arm mounting bolts, all the track bar mounting bolts, every bolt that holds the suspension together, replace the springs and shocks. Then set the jeep back on the ground and while at "RIDE HEIGHT" tighten and torque all the bolts to proper torque. If you never loosened them, it isn't going to ride properly.
I loosened the control arms, but could do the track bar since didn't have a 55 torx. Jumped up and down on the rear, re-tightened everything and didn't see any change. I'll get a torx bit tomorrow and loosed that and the control arms again.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I found out the issue, it's the shocks. Not that their bad, just too short. After thinking of everything I've done since I purchased the shocks, 1" BL, additional 1" in springs and 35's, the shocks were maxed out in the resting position.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts