Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading and watching multiple brake line issue and brake caliper issue videos for jeeps and other vehicles, I came to a simple deduction for solving my brake sticking issue. I currently own my initially leased 2016 JKU and after about 27K miles, my front right caliper started sticking. It got gradually worse in hot weather throughout each week. Some days it was not apparent and then the next day it was terrible to the point where I had to pull over on the highway. In the mornings it wasn’t bad but when it got hot, the brakes would stick much more after pressing and depressing the brakes. I often tow a boat and my car runs through salt water puddles in Miami as our marinas flood with these rising sea levels.
Now that you have the back story, this is what I learned.
After your brakes get overly stuck while driving down the road. Pull over to a safe spot, and loosen your brake fluid relief valve. If, after opening the valve, the brakes are no longer sticking then you have a faulty brake line. This can be purchased at your local Jeep Dealership and chances are they have it in stock. If brakes are still locked up and sticking then you have an issue with either your caliper piston or the brake caliper slider pins. If this doesn’t help, well, sorry!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Good tip. Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts