Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I bought a YJ and after driving it noticed that front brakes grab harder than back .Confirmed with a panic stop front tires locking up and skid. Yesterday replaced all brakes front and back with new spring kits in rear.
Still does it .Does anybody have an idea on what I should be looking for to fix this problem . Its got me crazy
Paul

·
Registered
514 Posts
Did you bleed them out.. backs not adjusted tight enough.. crap in rear brake line.. dirty old fluid.. thats where I would start

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brakes

Will give it a try .Never gave it a thought and not sure how long it sat before I bought it. I was told another possibility could be if the master cylinder was replaced and never bench bled could also give same symtoms .Something else I should check really didnt notice if it looks fairly new .
Paul

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Still not right

Replaced front calipers ,rear wheel cylinders,Master cylinder and bench bled it all new pads and rotors. Pedal still feels soft and will stop vehicle but pedal eventually will go to floor and vehicle still holds a stop . Something Iam missing .Bled system like three times .

·
Registered
283 Posts
There is still air in it. I would get a mighty vac from harbor freight and bleed a quarts worth through the rears and then move to the front. Air is trapped

·
Registered
141 Posts
Brakes>

Check those front calipers, are the bleeders on top (higher than pressure line input)? Can your calipers be upside down? Bleed port needs to be on top.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts