Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on replacing all hard brake lines on my 1997 wrangler se 2.5 5-speed manual soft lines going to front calipers with new banjo bolts and washers and the soft rear line with a new axle vent bolt. My question is if there is a preferred order of which line to replace first. The reason being if possible is to keep as much fluid in the reservoir as possible, I'm thinking possibly replace one then top off until all replaced then power bleed them? Any advise and opinions are needed. Thank You for you time.

·
Registered
152 Posts
just don't pump the brake pedal with all the lines off and air bubbles wont fill the master cylinder...itll need to be bled either way so you might as well try to get all the old fluid out as possible....reguardless of what line you take off the fluid for that half of the break system will leak out.....if I don't want to let it run out when I take off the line i put a cap on the end of it to stop the fluid flowout till i am ready to bolt everything together, the only reason i would do this is if the bleed screw on another wheel is too rusted to remove so to prevent the need to bleed that portion cap the line to prevent fluid loss from the whole system then power bleed the side that was apart...if its done right usually can get by with bleeding just one brake

1 - 3 of 3 Posts