Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got new extended brake lines for the front. I took to a shop install because of lack of time to do it myself. I just noticed that the lines are labeled left and right. The left one is installed on the passenger side and the right one is installed on the driver side. Isn't this backwards? Does it matter which side they go on?

·
Knows a couple things...
49,417 Posts
I've never heard of a left/right side front brake hose for the TJ. None of the front TJ brake line hoses I have installed were labeled left or right, I would say there's no difference between them and that they just didn't bother to install them per their labels because there's no difference. Tear the labels off.

There is a difference in the left/right brake calipers though.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've never heard of a left/right side front brake hose for the TJ. None of the front TJ brake line hoses I have installed were labeled left or right, I would say there's no difference between them and that they just didn't bother to install them per their labels because there's no difference. Tear the labels off. There is a difference in the left/right brake calipers though.
Thanks. They both look the same and there isn't much to them. It just freaked me out when I saw it because I wouldn't want a brake failure. I can stop stressing about it now.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
IIRC the lines have tabs with a small nipple that goes into the frame to keep the line from rotating. I swapped in YJ lines so I'm not sure if it is YJ specific or not.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Ok, so it was driving me nuts so I went and took a couple of pics. You can see the nipple and it is in the center, but the screws are offset from side to side.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts