Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if I need to extend my brake lined if I want to disconnect?
I have a 98tj 2.5 rc lift and 31x10.5x15 tires

·
Motorized toy collector
3,763 Posts
Nope. With a 2.5" lift disconnected, you will be fine.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,390 Posts
how about with a 3.5" lift?
That depends on the flexibility of the suspension lift. Most don't have enough flex to require longer front brake lines, better more flexible suspension lifts can require longer front brake lines.

A longer rear brake line is never needed unless you've done some crazy unusual geometry changes.

I ran a short arm 5.5" RockKrawler lift many years ago and it wasn't flexible enough to require longer front brake lines.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,390 Posts
what about a 4 inch lift, with currie springs but stock control arms for now.
The factory brake lines should be fine with that since the factory suspension doesn't flex well enough for it to be a problem. I temporarily ran 5.5" RockKrawler springs with what was at the time a not very flexible suspension and the OE brake lines were fine.

·
Registered
613 Posts
The factory brake lines should be fine with that since the factory suspension doesn't flex well enough for it to be a problem. I temporarily ran 5.5" RockKrawler springs with what was at the time a not very flexible suspension and the OE brake lines were fine.
perfect, just needed someone with some knowledge to help me out! Thanks as always Jerry!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts