Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find a specific brake line. It's my hard line on my rear drivers drum. It's about 1ft long, and goes from a small block to the back of my drum. I called Morris 4x4 and they told me it was a dealer part. I called jeep and the priced the line at nearly $500. Anyone around here know a place to maybe get this made??? Rather not pay $500 for a 1 ft x 1/4 line!! Could use a good diagram or part number if anyone comes across that.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
What is the year and model and what is the specific problem with the old line. I can probably help locate one for you.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Well it takes some patience but what I did for my rear passenger side was:

1. Measure to see about how long of a line you will need
2. Go to autozone and buy a brake line roughly the size you need preferably a couple inches longer (make sure they have the same thread size)
3. Buy a hand pipe bender (I got mine from harbor freight... I will post a pic)
4. Take the old line off without bending it and carefully make the bends as closely and accurately as possible
5. Lastly test fit it (make corrections if needed

The line is about $10
The pipe bender was $5

image-774682359.jpg

It is simple and works though the bends won't be precise there are other more complicated yet efficient ones too. While still pretty cheap.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found it at the dealership. Guy said the lady helpjng me was out of her mind! Purchased and replaces surprisingly with ease!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts