Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I am brand new to this forum and also pretty new to working on Jeeps so your help is much appreciated. I'm beginning to get into my own repair work and replaced the brake pads on the front and the brake shoes on the rear the other day, along with bleeding and flushing the brakes.

Now when I drive and press the brake pedal, the pedal depresses more than it did before, not a whole lot but there is a difference and I prefer a tighter brake pedal for control. It is odd because I don't so much have to press hard on the brake as I do have to press far on the pedal in order to get the same stopping power. It's almost as if something is catching lower than before because the stopping power feels like it is still there.

I'm wondering if maybe some air got into the brake lines when I was bleeding them out with my buddy (like I said I'm not the most experienced at this) but I'm not sure because it feels like we flushed the hell out of them (fluid was filthy) and there were no air bubbles left coming from the tube when we were done flushing.

Otherwise I am at a loss for why the brake pedal seems so much more squishy than before.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Nic

·
Registered
183 Posts
Also when you bleed it make sure u start from the passenger rear tire then driver rear then front passenger then front driver

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone.

I just got some new drums because the old ones were worn out and kind of worn unevenly. When I get back in there I'll try adjusting the star wheels closer to the shoes and try a re-bleed as well.

I appreciate the advice!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts