Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brakes go all the way to the floor with no resistance. I had a leak in the rear where the hard line turns into the steel braided hose. I took it apart and the washer was just crooked, so I pushed it back in and hook it up. A lot of fluid came out so I decided to bleed the brakes. After I was done bleeding them I hop in and the brakes go straight to the floor. I bled them a couple more times with the same result. I replaced the master cyclinder and it's stilling not working. I bought a brake booster but I haven't put it in yet incase I can find a solution to the problem before hand.

-My axle is rotated and i've read that sometimes rotated axles can trap air in the calibers
-My "helper" decided to help me adjust my emergency brake(I was going to do that after the leak was fixed) while I was taking care of the leak and now my brake light stays on and i'm not sure if it has to do with my emergency brake or something with what i did. Not sure if this has anything to do with it but i'm just throwing it out there.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Did you bench bleed your master cyl, or bleed it at all? It's not leaking currently correct?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THere are currently no leaks on anything and yes I bench bled the master cyclinder.

Calibers are on correct, the bleeder valves are up but the brakes worked fine before I tried fixing the leak. THat's whats so confusing to me

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Seems like there's air trapped somewhere still if there's no leaks. Did you try running a lot through, or just a quick bleed? I'd probably consider running a full flush amount through and then go from there. Good luck with it though!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I still have the brake booster to put on so if it's not that then it's clearly me being an idiot bleeding the breaks. I've used a vacuum bleeder after I couldn't figure it out doing it the two man way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts