Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My track/race car shop has started working on JEEPS!!! I trust them, and as part of a big build redo I am planning I want to do something to fix my under-performing brakes. The owner said he would do some rough calculations on the effective "power" of the stock brakes versus the upgrade kits. I figure I can contact the manufacturers of the upgrade kits (Teraflex, Crown, Dynatrac) but I need the following factory information. I'd appreciate any help either with the answers, or where to search for the answers. In the end I will post everything up (specs and his calculations). I need:

Stock rotor diameter front
Stock rotor thickness front (less important)
Stock caliper piston bore diameter front
Stock caliper piston bore diameter rear
Master cylinder bore diameter front and rear

Mopar upgrade kit same items as above:

Rotor diameter front
Caliper piston diameter front
Master cylinder bore diameter front and rear

I understand that some master cylinders have two different bore diameters and some don't--not certain about the ones on our rigs.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Sounds like you're tossing the stock brakes anyway. Just buy the big brake kit that meets your budget.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
My track/race car shop has started working on JEEPS!!! I trust them, and as part of a big build redo I am planning I want to do something to fix my under-performing brakes. The owner said he would do some rough calculations on the effective "power" of the stock brakes versus the upgrade kits. I figure I can contact the manufacturers of the upgrade kits (Teraflex, Crown, Dynatrac) but I need the following factory information. I'd appreciate any help either with the answers, or where to search for the answers. In the end I will post everything up (specs and his calculations). I need:

Stock rotor diameter front 11.9" x 1.1"
Stock rotor thickness front (less important) 1.1"
Stock caliper piston bore diameter front 66mm (2.6")
Stock caliper piston bore diameter rear 12.44" x 0.47" rotor with 48mm (1.9") piston
Master cylinder bore diameter front and rear 1" is stock i believe

Mopar upgrade kit same items as above:

Rotor diameter front 13"
Caliper piston diameter front dual 54mm
Master cylinder bore diameter front and rear I THINK its 1 1/8"

I understand that some master cylinders have two different bore diameters and some don't--not certain about the ones on our rigs.

See red above

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm trying to get both the relative improvement over stock for the variety of choices. Some kits do larger rotors and relocation brakes, some do that + dual piston calipers. My guy says rotor diameter trumps pistons, unless the combined surface area of the two pistons greatly exceeds that surface area of the single piston (and he's seen kits in the track car world where that isn't the case).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts