Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 33s on stock suspension. With heavy loading in back, I like everyone else probably, rub the tires on the fenders when hitting large bumps.
All I want is to prevent that from happening so I am looking at the simple spacer lift from AEV. Can anyone tell me if this will prevent rubbing except under the most extreme conditions?

Second, just changed out the rotors and pads. Noted that the rears were essentially shot, but the fronts had plenty of life left which is backwards from my 40 years of driving experience. Can anybody tell me if they have noted similar situations with their brakes?

I doubt there is a way to adjust braking bias more to the front.

Thanks for any inputs!

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I am pretty sure that there is no way to adjust the brake bias front to rear. It seems that with 4 wheel disc brake systems that the rears go first. IMO I would want the rear brakes to go before the fronts, so maybe that's why they do it. 33's like a 285/70/17 will rub front suspension pieces at full lock but probably not rub the fenders unless you go withtoo much backspacing. I am running 1.5" spacers with a tereflex leveling kit with 295-70-18 grabber x3 tires and all I had to do was trim the airdam a bit for full lock clearance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I run BFG KO2 285/70/17 on a 5.2" backspace. The rear springs in these things are soft and you will get plenty of squat regardless if you have spacers or not. Rubbing may be eliminated but it still isn't the best situation for a number of reasons.

I spent $80 and put in AirLift Helper Airbags #60817. It took me all of 20 minutes to put them in and mount the schrader valve. I keep them permanently at 10psi (max is 35psi) and they are unnoticeable. It eliminated almost all of the squat from cargo, towing, or 3 in the backseat....especially all the above. This psi keeps things stock compliant and any higher will keep things perfectly level but things can get a bit rough.

As for the brakes? This is normal and is probably the most common complaint. Rear bias, TCS, BLD, and small discs all add up to a 20-25k lifespan.

Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts