Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 issues regarding braking:

1 - When I brake, the Jeep tends to slightly go/turn to the left.

2 - The wheels block very quickly and easily without putting that much pressure on the pedals.

This makes Emergency braking quasi impossible to manage!!!

What's wrong with those damn brakes?:confused:

·
WINNAR!!!!!!
2018 JLUR on tons and 40's.
6,850 Posts
has this been a gradual problem or all of a sudden?? If all of a sudden what have you changed? Need more info. What axles are you running? Have you ever upgraded any portion of your brake system??

·
Registered
4 Posts
funny thing..

My Jeep does the same thing. On the right side, I did put a new brake line in an caliper. I'm going to change out the left one as soon as I have the time.

have you bleed the brakes lately, if you have and have gotten any brake fluis on the pads it will cause this to happen. I learned that they hard way...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
has this been a gradual problem or all of a sudden?? If all of a sudden what have you changed? Need more info. What axles are you running? Have you ever upgraded any portion of your brake system??
Sorry but I can't tell you!!! I've just been driving that car for two weeks. I don't have a damn clue.

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
sounds like you have a sticky caliper or worn out guide pins for the caliper. I'd deffinatly check it out before you do a lot more damage if any has really occured.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, tomorrow she's going under full inspection...
Let's see what they'll find...????

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Good luck Gonzag, I just took my F-350 to the mechanic for brake failure, and $2700 later, I had brakes again. I didn't even know I had ABS, until they were all fixed. Granted the brakes were so shot, that I had to have brand new rotors and calipers, and pads. There were a few other things that got fixed too, but it was still a wallup of a bill. At least my tow rig is in good working order again.

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
^ Bluvikng - it prolly had something to do with the F-350's having a rotor-hub rather than just a rotor, and those are about $130+ each... might have also needed the bearings replaces, if it has them instead of being part of the hub unit which could have upped the price as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts