Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 16 jku oscar mike i backed into a tree today at low speed and a branch broke two windows and destroyed hardtop. Im going to file it with insurance but wondering if anyone knows what a new top costs. May just put dv8 fastback top if price is comparable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
53 Posts
On a different topic, I like your roof rack. Looks like it's mounted on the window hinges and roof gutter likely without bolting into the fiberglass, yes? What brand? Also what is 'Oscar Mike?'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Low speed? Really? LOL, but seriously, check on Craigslist. I see hard tops for sale on there all the time for around $1000-$1500. I'm sure a replacement from the dealer will be over $2K.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On a different topic, I like your roof rack. Looks like it's mounted on the window hinges and roof gutter likely without bolting into the fiberglass, yes? What brand? Also what is 'Oscar Mike?'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its a smittybilt defender, ive had it on around a year and its been great. Oscar Mike is a military term but jeep made a model by the name, this ine had stars and stuff on it but i took them off.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Wow, that's crazy. Sorry to see this. :(

And to add insult to injury, you have armor right below!

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, that's crazy. Sorry to see this. :(

And to add insult to injury, you have armor right below!

Man i was upset but you know maybe now ill get the DV8 fastback top ive been wanting.

·
Super Moderator
5,680 Posts
The DV8 hard top is pretty cool.
I am just not sure about the on-piece front panel. Having two pieces there seems to make it easier to take off and store in the back.
Stupid tree......

·
Registered
586 Posts
Yikes! Those Trees do sneak up out of nowhere. I backed into one on the trails a few weeks ago and smashed my license plate bracket. Hope everything with your insurance will work out for you.

·
Registered
10,332 Posts
Oscar Mike is a military term but jeep made a model by the name, this ine had stars and stuff on it but i took them off.
The Freedom Edition?

·
Registered
41 Posts
4 door hardtops are easy to find on craigslist for around $1500, 2 door ones are hard to find thats what Im looking for.

·
Registered
18 Posts
So sorry about the damage. Really sucks - and those trees DO really come out of nowhere. Without being a smart-arse, maybe the best solution is a Soft Top? Will always stay dry when it's up, and so much fun in the open air - and looking by your photos, it's not cloudy where you live.

If the hard top is the preferred though - for sure, buy used - knowing it will fit. Lots of folks looking to offload theirs, i'm sure. Sorry again for the damage, good luck!

·
Registered
220 Posts
OUCH!

I am going to have a JKU black textured 3 piece take-off factory hardtop in about 2 weeks. 1000 miles on it. Was planning on listing on here or wherever to get it sold. I'm in the process of getting a color matched fastback.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts