Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my fresh off the truck JKUR Recon and was wondering what pressure the tires should be inflated to for normal highway drive. Currently it is running stock rims/tires and the pressure gauge is showing 40PSI while driving. That seems high for 32" Tires. Any advise would be helpful.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Welcome to WF! I usually run 35-40psi for highway driving. I like the ride. Others will disagree. I have a stock Willys JKU; like a baby rubi.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I really my stock Recon tires at 32psi. For me, it really improved the ride.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
If you're running stock tires and wheels, go by the sticker on the door frame.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Air Pressure

I picked up my new Wrangler in Montana a few weeks ago, and soon after I was scrolling through the vehicle info tabs and noticed that TPMS showed all four wheels at around 42/43 PSI, while the door frame indicated somewhere around 37 as ideal (cold weather group with 267/70-17 BFG KO-2 tires). I didn't have a gauge with me, but made a mental note to air down a little when I had a chance. By the time I got to Portland, OR, all 4 wheels were showing around 38 PSI. It wasn't leakage, but the change in altitude. I'm guessing that my Jeep was aired properly in Toledo, but the altitude in Montana caused the pressure increase, which then returned to normal at close to sea level (Portland). Interesting. I knew that PSI changes about one PSI per 10 degrees of temperature, but apparently it also changes about one PSI per thousand feet of elevation. Good to know.

If only the NFL knew about temperature and PSI then Brady would never have been suspended.

·
Retired Moderator
100,623 Posts
37 PSI cold. Check them in the morning before you drive it.

Reactions: RubiconSS
1 - 9 of 9 Posts