Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so bought my JKUR on saturday and absolutely love it. With that said I've noticed very minor issues which I'm not sure if it's me being over protective of my new best friend.

1) Notice what sounds like a slight rattle in the dash but only in 3rd gear (manual transmission). I read the thread on the dash rattle but my is onlt in 3rd which leads me to believe it might night be the pipes in the glove box? Any thoughts?

2) Started my jeep twice today after it had been sitting for several hours at work and the RPM's hovered around 1400 for a minute or two and then it seemed to settle in around 500 at idle. Anyone else experience this?:confused:

3) lastly, I have 232 miles on it and it seems to have slipped out of 4th gear twice. Again, I read the post on this but wasn't sure if it's an actual issue or I'm just not used to the clutch on the 6 speed yet.:banghead:

Be sure to wave to other jeeps no matter what model! One big happy jeep family:D

-Tony

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
1.) Look and find out.
2.)Get it checked out. Mine is at around 1200 for 30 sec when I start her up and then drops to 800.
3.)Get it checked out.
4.)Get her back and enjoy......

·
Registered
347 Posts
The initial high idle is fine. Newer engines do that to heat the oil faster and get to operating temperature. How long it does depends on how cold it is outside! My Civic Si would do that for thirty seconds in the summer and five minutes in the winter. Kind of critical to have smooth flowing oil in an engine that goes up to 9,000 RPM.

·
..shall not be infringed!
4,666 Posts
2) Started my jeep twice today after it had been sitting for several hours at work and the RPM's hovered around 1400 for a minute or two and then it seemed to settle in around 500 at idle. Anyone else experience this?...
That is pretty normal warm up routine. The 500 RPMs sounds a little low though. If you recheck, you might find it is more like 750???

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
Alexia said:
The initial high idle is fine. Newer engines do that to heat the oil faster and get to operating temperature. How long it does depends on how cold it is outside! My Civic Si would do that for thirty seconds in the summer and five minutes in the winter. Kind of critical to have smooth flowing oil in an engine that goes up to 9,000 RPM.
Ya.... Do notice it stays up there longer when cold :thumb:

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:D Hey Alexia, what a sweet name-

The initial high idle is fine. Newer engines do that to heat the oil faster and get to operating temperature. How long it does depends on how cold it is outside!
Heh Heh, I say that cause my daughter just had a baby girl and they named her Alexia-,6lb-3oz/19.6"-(9th grandkid)

Do they call you lexy ?

You don't have to answer me--just ignore me, everybody else does !

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Ya.... Do notice it stays up there longer when cold :thumb:
Not sure how your doing it but I just read your last post and between it and this one your post count went up like 15x. Man your fast good gravy...

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts

Heh Heh, I say that cause my daughter just had a baby girl and they named her Alexia-,6lb-3oz/19.6"-(9th grandkid)

Do they call you lexy ?

Jimbo is into the sauce this evening.

·
Registered
347 Posts
On the gear popping out issue, 2007-2009 six speed Civic Si models had the same issue. Put in third gear, let clutch out, give gas, POP! With a bewildered feeling as your body lurches forwarded from the expected g-force change. I am hoping this is not wide a spread issue like that. It took Honda almost two years of denial chasing the problems before breaking down and rebuilding every manual transmission from those years that came in with the issue.

I really would like to save the cost of buying an automatic transmission and just go with a manual when I order in a week.(A manual with 285 horsepower and 3.75 gearing... I am in for such trouble with the police.)

Do they call you lexy ?

Lexi, technically! Mostly Alex.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts