Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard Warn is great and Bushwacker sucks, can we come up with a list of the top 3-5 brands to always lean towards when purchasing something and a top 3 list of brands to always avoid?

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
your question is a little vague and generalized. What are you using your jeep for?( offroad,street, rock, mud?) What upgrades are you referring to? Budget? Be more specific and you will get the answers you are seeking. Just remember that just because one brand is bashed by some doesn't mean it doesn't work for others. (ex: smittybuilt)

·
Registered
181 Posts
cervelo101 said:
I've heard Warn is great and Bushwacker sucks, can we come up with a list of the top 3-5 brands to always lean towards when purchasing something and a top 3 list of brands to always avoid?
Depends on what your buying and how it will be used. I personally wouldnt go with smittybilt if I was going to start rock crawling and wanted heavy duty armor but I also wouldnt buy poison spyder or fabtech etc. if I was making it a dd. What you add to your jeep is totally up to you it doesnt matter what others like and dislike. Personally buy within your budget because (dont mean to say it like this but) the average person is not going to notice the difference between low end and higher end aftermarket add ons. Just have fun and be creative I hope this helps.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Cervelo101, I think it's a good idea. Maybe we create a 2x2 matrix for on/off road and internal/external parts and let people suggest their best ideas as there are a lot of upgrades possible which, without some structure, become lost in the sheer volume. We could have everyone indicate 'budget' vs. 'hi-end'.

That said, in looking at the volume some of these get, tracking this will be, let's just say 'fun'.

Cervelo, is that a reference to bicycling? If so, I just bought a custom Zinn (I was 6/8' at one time but now shrinking!) and still have my C'dale and I ride in CT.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts