Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:hide:

Ok I think I know what it's supposed to do: protect grill, winch, etc. but doesn't the bumper do that well enough? Almost anything you hit will be bumper height or lower right? And if you hit something hard enough won't you crunch your winch anyway?

I don't really want the bar due to cost, weight, and personal preference on the looks of the stingers. But if I chose the PSC Brawler-Lite-Front-Bumper without the welded bar I can't really weld it on later if I decide I need it.

Does anyone have real world experience where the bar has saved their grill, winch, etc? Am I over-looking something? Deer?

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
The stinger is meant to protect your Jeep's front end and engine in case you tip forward going down an incline.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The stinger is meant to protect your Jeep's front end and engine in case you tip forward going down an incline.
Thx kbwwolf. But I'm not too concerned about that happening anytime soon. If it does I am driving somewhere way beyond my newb skillz or took a wrong turn over a cliff. :eek:

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Yes, I hit a deer at 40mph. The Nice solid steel XHD bumper did take the brunt but the bar keep it out of the grill also. Mine wasn't the Brawler/stinger but the hoop bar saved the day on mine

Severally destroyed the deer, did leave a scratch on my Jeep

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
I don't consider the brawler lite to be a true stinger. Maybe a mini-stinger at best. It is more of a grill hoop in my opinion. Like you already said, it can be purchased without the bar and it looks great either way, though I prefer the bar (with tube gussets in particular :D ). None of these are mine, btw.

And here is a side profile shot of it.

Now, the Poison Spyder BFH with trail or comp stinger? Now that's a damn stinger! lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts