Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone run any wiring into the cabin through the firewall on their 13 JK yet? I went to install my lights over the weekend and couldn't see any obvious spots to run the wires through.

I also don't know where to find a wire to connect the trigger wire for the switch but first things first. How do I get the wires through?

·
Registered
928 Posts
If you have an auto you can run the wire through the foam plug where the clutch linkage would go through. For the trigger wire use a add a fuse, fuse location M9 is a switched circuit that is not used on the JK.

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
Different interior, but there is a foam filled hole behind the panel on the drivers side of the dash. Just pop that panel off, tape the wire to a cut up clothes hanger and push it thru

Attachments

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
you can pop off the panel next to the steering wheel (the one on the side of the dash) and there will be a little hole filled with foam. that goes straight through into the engine bay.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do have the manual so the clutch linkage will be in the way. Is this what you're talking about for the add a fuse? I never knew such a thing existed. Do you think I can just pick one up at the auto parts store? I'll check behind that panel tonight. Does it just pop off?

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
yeah the panel pops off. you don't need to take anything off, though it you can't get it off, the panel below the steering wheel also pops out downwards, which may make it a bit easier to pull the side off.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I do have the manual so the clutch linkage will be in the way. Is this what you're talking about for the add a fuse? I never knew such a thing existed. Do you think I can just pick one up at the auto parts store? I'll check behind that panel tonight. Does it just pop off?

This is what I used, Cooper Bussmann/ATC fuse tap converts one into two fusible circuits - 10 Amps maximum on added circuit (BP-HHA-RP) | Fuse and Accessories | AutoZone.com_
You have to drill a small hole in the surround of the fuse panel for the wire to pass through.

Attachments

·
Registered
396 Posts
I found this on my 13. Passenger side right behind the battery. Comes out behind the glove box area. Just have to push through the rubber membrane thing.

Attachments

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I was able to pop that panel off on the drivers side and saw the small foam filled hole. On the other side of it is a large foam filled hole I'm guessing it will come through. I'll definitely check out the hole by the battery as well. Do I want to run the wires under the hood or under the dash? Hmmm.

I also went ahead and mounted the switch on the panel under the steering wheel. A small round rocker on the right side will do nicely I think. It was tough drilling that first hole in a new jeep.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts