Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plan on ordering Teraflex 2.5 suspension lift. Does this require break line extension? And if so does this kit come with it?

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
After you install any lift you should always jack it up by the frame and droop the suspension fully and see what happens, of course.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Plan on ordering Teraflex 2.5 suspension lift. Does this require break line extension? And if so does this kit come with it?
The kit does come with extension brackets for the rear. Front doesn't require it.

Depending on your year/model you may need exhaust extensions that are sold separately.

·
Registered
125 Posts
What year do you have? I noticed the brake lines are quite a bit longer on my 2013 than the 2011 I had.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just installed a rancho 3 inch lift yesterday on 2013 jku replaced lines because it came with kit but I think other poster is correct 2013 lines would of been long enough.

·
Registered
732 Posts
on 2011 and up they started to mount the brake lines to the bottom of the spring pad on the front. You just need to take this bracket off. Our 2.5 kit will come with drop brackets for the rear.

·
Registered
737 Posts
on 2011 and up they started to mount the brake lines to the bottom of the spring pad on the front. You just need to take this bracket off. Our 2.5 kit will come with drop brackets for the rear.

Definitely disconnect the bracket. On my 2012 CoD MW3, the steel 90' elbow is not quite 90' any more at full droop of the suspension. So this tells me I would be in trouble when I disconnect the swaybar for the extra 25% travel. Should be no issue with the bracket disconnected, but I have yet to try it.

(Only had the JKUR CoD for 3 weeks - that's why I haven't used the swaybar disconnect yet) :whistling:

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
What's your recommendation in terms of securing the bracket once its removed?

·
Registered
227 Posts
I just installed the 2.5 coil lift this weekend with bilstein 5100's. Make sure you take the brackets off from the original mounting location. I put a little header wrap on mine along with some black-duct tape to keep them from clanking around until I decide if Im going to dremel off the bracket or make me a new mount. I have a 2011 and the lines are nice and long, but the brackets restrict the movement of the lines after the lift & shocks...Big Time!

·
Registered
732 Posts
Typically we run them between the shock and spring and then loosely zip tie them to the shock so they stay secure but can still move with the suspension.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts