Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 4" lift with the stock break lines and I want to be able to disconnect when I go out. What is the best cheap break lines?

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
I'm not sure cheapest is something you wanna go with when it comes to brake lines. I just installed a lift so I was looking at getting some myself, probably gonna get some braided stainless steel ones so I can flex without them braking

·
Commercial Member
7,891 Posts
I'm not sure cheapest is something you wanna go with when it comes to brake lines. I just installed a lift so I was looking at getting some myself, probably gonna get some braided stainless steel ones so I can flex without them braking
Braided or not, they need to be long enough to have slack even drooped as far as you can. You will still damage braided ones if they are too short.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Braided or not, they need to be long enough to have slack even drooped as far as you can. You will still damage braided ones if they are too short.
yeah I understand that; I was gonna get braided longer ones maybe 10". idk I gotta do some research on it

·
Registered
631 Posts
I think metalcloak sells 24" brake lines for their 3.5in lift so somewhere around that length should be about right.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,417 Posts
YJ brake lines are a direct fit and longer than the TJ's, they are the perfect brake line for what you need. No need for any of that cosmetic stainless steel covered brake line crap. Brake lines are already beefed up multi-layer hoses designed for the surprisingly high standard brake line pressures.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
YJ brake lines are a direct fit and longer than the TJ's, they are the perfect brake line for what you need. No need for any of that cosmetic stainless steel covered brake line crap. Brake lines are already beefed up multi-layer hoses designed for the surprisingly high standard brake line pressures.
that's great to know jerry thanks! I installed the zone 4.25" combo lift so I think their 3" longer shocks but in not 100% sure. but those yj lines will work for flexing and all correct?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts