Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, sometimes when I am breaking when I come to a light and I push a little harder on the break I notice it sticks. what I mean by this is when I start off again in first gear, it will not move?? I try again and it is like it lets lose?? Seems like as I put a parking break on?? Has anyone ever noticed this? My wife laughed at me, and I use to drive semi, I know how to shift and operate a clutch. I have a 2010 Rubicon

·
Registered
509 Posts
It's called Hill Start Assist on my 2014, not sure if the 2010 had it or not. I can selectively turn mine off, and it sounds EXACTLY like what you described. The HSA will hold the brake for you for around 2 seconds, then let go...this is supposed to help you not coast into the guy behind you when you're starting on a hill.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input guys. Break fluid is full or at least to the level it is supposed to be. The Hill Assist this is interesting, I am not sure if mine has this, but will check out. Thanks.

·
The Bad Guy
23,119 Posts
Drain all your break fluid and replace it immediately with brake fluid. It is the HSA that you are activating by mashing the brake. Work with it instead of against it. You do not have to crush your brake pedal when you're stopped. HSA works in direct proportion to how much pedal force is applied. It's a great feature when used properly.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
I'm sure your "brake" fluid is fine. Your 10 has HSA whether it's a manual or auto. Like daggo said, the more you mash the more it holds. I think if I had an auto I would disable it. Check your manual for instructions. I work with it in my manual and my wife and I like it. I routinely switch from my YJ manual which doesn't have it, to the JK manual with HSA with no issues.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you again guys. It does have this HSA, and I will get used to it. I believe my brake fluid is fine. It is a 2010 and just turned 27552 miles. Love my Jeep. Thanks again for the vast knowledge on this site.
Take care.

·
Registered
509 Posts
You should be able to disable the HSA if you so choose. I disabled mine because I was always pushing too hard on the brake, and it held me in place too tight! Check your manual and see how to disable it, and see what you think...more old school that way!

·
Registered
830 Posts
HSA should only activate if you're on an uphill incline (maybe downhill too, not sure on that), I believe 8 degrees. If it's doing this on level ground, sounds like a problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts