Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m headed up Peak 10 with a group this weekend. The “book” says it’s good for aggressive stock vehicles which I think a Wrangler is. Someone else did it with a Compass...I better not get stuck!

I’ve got to do a couple small things (passenger handle, remove hub caps) to the Jeep but it’s largely ready. I had hoped to get a GoPro to use for this and some other stuff but the funds aren’t available right now 😞 Does anyone else use a camera that’s more affordable?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Check out Crosstour Action Cam on Amazon. It's a $30 knock off GoPro. I use it for frame and bumper mounts and it does a good job. I've even used it underwater in my pool and it's never leaked. The model I bought has wifi and will link to a phone app. I downloaded the app to my seicane android head unit and can see the video live on the headunit. It even gives you the ability to stop/start from the app, which is really handy when you're on the trail.

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check out Crosstour Action Cam on Amazon. It's a $30 knock off GoPro. I use it for frame and bumper mounts and it does a good job. I've even used it underwater in my pool and it's never leaked. The model I bought has wifi and will link to a phone app. I downloaded the app to my seicane android head unit and can see the video live on the headunit. It even gives you the ability to stop/start from the app, which is really handy when you're on the trail.
Thanks! I’ll look at that.

·
Registered
196 Posts
another very easy trail in that area with beautiful views is Keystone Gulch. it ends at an old mine.

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Peak 10 has been cancelled :( They got snow yesterday and have closed the gate. The organizer is supposed to announce the alternative trail today...or tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
another very easy trail in that area with beautiful views is Keystone Gulch. it ends at an old mine.
Thanks. I’ll keep that in mind.

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Argentine Pass is the new destination. I was looking forward to Breckenridge but this will do.

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We had a great time on Argentine and then McClellan Mountain. It was iffy when meeting others going the opposite direction but great overall. The new sliders did their job on one of the shelves.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
We had a great time on Argentine and then McClellan Mountain. It was iffy when meeting others going the opposite direction but great overall. The new sliders did their job on one of the shelves.
I ran those trails on Sept. 7th with some friends. Lots of fun. I'm downloading the video to YouTube as we speak!

you can check out my YT channel. Outlaw 923

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I keep getting a message that my pics are too large.

There were three or four large groups going up and down the pass this weekend. There were some sketchy areas where we had to make way for others. Not fun on some of those ledge roads!

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I keep getting a message that my pics are too large.

There were three or four large groups going up and down the pass this weekend. There were some sketchy areas where we had to make way for others. Not fun on some of those ledge roads!
It does get "Sporty" when that happens.

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here are a few pics. I don’t use YouTube so I can’t past any videos. It’s too bad, too. I have a good one of how NOT to climb a hill on an adventure bike. We had to wait for what seemed like 20 minutes for him to get up there after we let him go in front of us.

There was a lifted 4Runner with 35’s in our group that couldn’t make it either. He tried a couple times, then let some air out, then tried again and finally did the bypass. My Sahara is at stock height and has stock tires and made it up with any effort. These things really are amazingly capable right from the factory.

The Viair 88p did a great job airing up at the end of the day, too.

Attachments

Reactions: Outlaw 923

·
Registered
939 Posts
I realize this thread is almost a month old, but didn't know if you were local to the area? Peak 10 is completely doable in a stock wrangler. It is a fun, short, easy run. Another similar one is Baldy. It is across from Breck on another peak, but once at the top, you have a great view of Breck below.
First pic is from Baldy and the next 2 are Peak 10.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I realize this thread is almost a month old, but didn't know if you were local to the area? Peak 10 is completely doable in a stock wrangler. It is a fun, short, easy run. Another similar one is Baldy. It is across from Breck on another peak, but once at the top, you have a great view of Breck below.

Thanks. I’m in Denver, sort of local 🙂

The owner had closed the gate the day before our planned trip due to weather. We did Argentine instead. Maybe next year......

Reactions: tgil

·
Registered
1,826 Posts

Great pics!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts