Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gunna extend feather hoses on my 2011 jkur. Anyone got any tips to make it faster. Where are the tranny one located etc

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm getting ready to do the same thing. The diffs are easy to find, just look for the hose coming out of them going up into the undercarrige some where. I have a manual so does anyone know if I have a breather which I'm guessing I do and where to locate it?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Boom done. Bought 20 ft of 5/16" fuel line hose. Which was twice a much as I needed butt I wasn't sure how I was Gunna do it so I wanted extra. And the. A few double male fittings from the water firings section of the hardware store. I re-used the little check valve cap things off the existing breathers. By cutting them off the line tight to the fitting. Then cutting along the body of the hose to free it. Then Inserted It to new line. Did not run new lines direct from diffs. Should of from rear. And still might since I have extra lol. All I did was connect to where I cut the caps off. For the back I put it up behind the passenger tail light and through a grommet into the interior just behind the roll bar. For safe keeping. Ensure enough slack for the suspension drop. Front diff I again chopped and inserted an attached from the existing hose. Behind the driver side shock post up over the wheel well under the. Brake pod and up just against the fire wall behind/ above the break pod. Then the fun one. Traced the transfer case hose down the passenger side . Then Up behind the block and infront of the fire wall. I was able to reach down behind the intake manifold and feel the cap. Which I pulled around a bit and by fluke the cap slid right out of the hose. Which allowed the hose to slide out of a little clamp holding it back there and Down to where I could grab it. I then fed some new hose down the existing path to where I could easily connect the double male fitting ( with clamps to be safe) and then Pulled up the slack but ensure there was still a bit or slack. But out of harms way. Then routed the end an placed the cap behind the brake pod beside the front diff cap. I have a 2011 jkur Manuel. So as far as I can tell there is no breather hose for the Manuel? Please correct me if I'm wrong as I could not find a hose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts