Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,145 Posts
Anyone using Bridgestone Revo 3's in 315/70/17 ? Pics? Like or hate?
All of the Revo series tires are very conservative. They are listed on the Bridgestone website as an all season tire, not an all terrain. It's not a bad tire and I would put them on my Frontier without thinking twice.

But for the Jeep, I would lean more towards the Toyo AT2 as it as a mild appearing tire as well, but has proven very capable off road without any loss of civility in town. A true all terrain.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recommend them...

I was leery of trying them at first. Especially going from Nitto Trail Grapplers. They are not as rugged as the Nitto's (or other off-roaders) either in look or expected heavier off-road performance. But, they have certainly grown on me. I have gotten over how awesome my jeep is supposed to look, and have been more concerned on how my jeep fits MY needs.
Pros- A lot quieter on the road. Better handling on wet paved roads. Better handling on dry paved roads (the revos aren't dictating my path like the Nittos did, i.e. tracking). Yesterday we got about three inches of snow. I have recently moved out of the big city so it is rural highways all the way home. Now, the roads were mainly wet with some slush but the revos did great. I never felt the need for 4wd. Once I got home I grabbed the kid and we headed out to the local lake which is all rutted up gravel roads. I don't think my tires really touched gravel much as it was packed pretty good. I did put it in 4wd because there are very steep hills and one water crossing. Never once was there a point where I felt that the tires under performed. In fact, I was quite impressed.
I would almost put money down that these tires will beat the grapplers when it comes to driving in snow covered roads.
Cons- Now keep in mind, my jeep is my DD. I cannot get it stuck in a mud pit on a Sunday. If the jk wasn't my primary source of transportation I would not have revo 3s on her. They are not going to handle deep anything better than a more aggressive tire. The chance of a puncture is higher again than on a mud tire. They are not as mean looking as off roaders (if you care).
That is really about it on the cons list.
By the way, they are less expensive than a Toyo or Nitto. And, If I remember correctly I dropped about 150 lbs. of tire weight. And, it is noticeable.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Any newer feedback on these? I can get a great deal at Costco and have been leaning toward replacing my KO2’s for a more street friendly tire. I will keep my KO,s for off-road when that happens. In my hands the KO2 are not very good on wet roads, or even wet slushy conditions. I may wait till spring and give them a chance thru the rest of winter.

·
Registered
410 Posts
A relative is GM of a Firestone-Bridgestone store - he has previously told me many Jeepers love this tire and he gets no complaints from those whose Jeeps have these shoes. When I was looking for new tires about a year ago, I looked at these and also a Falken Wildpeak or something like that. The Falken also seemed to have a good rep for mixed driving and like the Bridgestone would not break the bank.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts