Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just have to ask because it's bothered me for four years, does the in dash high beam indicator dim with the rest of the cluster now ? On mine the thing is so bright it blinds me at night to the point of holding my hand over it to see well on dark wooded roads. Everyone bad mouths the jk headlights but I say the high beam indicator just overpowers them.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
I honestly can't check right now, but it wouldn't surpirse me. On my previous TJ I had the same issues, on the new JK I haven't even used the brights yet (we just picked it up). My wife's Sebring does the same thing too.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
chim-chim7 said:
So put a piece of tinted tape over it. Problem solved.

Or just buy this. No reason to take your hand off the wheel to see.

http://www.vectoroffroad.com/hi-beam-indicator-cover-p-45.html
Ok so the put a piece of tape over it sounds like an old school real jeep guy before they were jeepers answer, and then buy this sounds like a modern day jeeper answer. I can't believe that product actually exists. I'm starting to think the wrangler is the KISS of the automotive industry.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Ok so the put a piece of tape over it sounds like an old school real jeep guy before they were jeepers answer, and then buy this sounds like a modern day jeeper answer. I can't believe that product actually exists. I'm starting to think the wrangler is the KISS of the automotive industry.

Your right about that. Somewhere, some company makes something for everything. Just wanted to provide you with a couple options. I have a 2012 JK and I don't have the brite blue light. They finally adressed that issue.:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts