Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd begin a build thread for my slow build.

Owned the Jeep for a little over a month already. Coming from a lowered and modified G35 I am proud to say I much rather be driving this lifted Wrangler. Never thought I'd see the day but here I am. No regrets.

Looking to do a moderate lift and 33s or 35s, still doing research.

Exterior:
13" Antenna
TMR Customs Delrin Door Hinges

Interior:
Weathertech DigitalFit Floor Liners
Mopar Door Entry Guards

Lighting:
Pending

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I received the rest of the lift components along with the wheels and tires.

I ordered the lift from Krawl Off Road and wheels/tires from Discount Tire Direct, I couldn't be any happier with how quick everything came in.

The wheels/tires look so much better in person than they did when viewing them online, I'm very happy with this combo so far.

The plan is to install everything this weekend. I will be using the aev procal to adjust tire size and disable tpms.

Attachments

·
Gone Fishin
403 Posts
! Just picked up my white JKUS yesterday. Already bought the RK 2.5" from KOR before I even picked it up. Going to get started this weekend if the rain slows down.

Also got the dark saddle interior and ordered the dark oak hothead head liners.

Even looked at a similar wheel set, but am leaning toward the Level8.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This past weekend I installed the Rock Krawler 2.5" flex kit with Fox shocks along with Cooper STT Pro 315/70/r17 tires with Mickey Thompson Classic III wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
More pics of the lift with the new tires and wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
I think you hit the sweet spot with that tire size. Jeep looks great and kudos for doing everything super legit! Definitely quality functional mods over potentially unnecessary aesthetic ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
@Catfathers I agree I'm realy pleased with the tire size/brand I chose, I would highly recommend them.

As for the parts I chose I wanted to make sure if I was changing stock parts they would be replaced with quality parts.

Jeep drives great for the most part, I did noticed a difference in braking and acceleration/shift points due to heavier tires.

It's certainly not as bad as I thought it would be with 3.21 gears.

·
Registered
22 Posts
@Catfathers I agree I'm realy pleased with the tire size/brand I chose, I would highly recommend them.

As for the parts I chose I wanted to make sure if I was changing stock parts they would be replaced with quality parts.

Jeep drives great for the most part, I did noticed a difference in braking and acceleration/shift points due to heavier tires.

It's certainly not as bad as I thought it would be with 3.21 gears.

Your build is moving along nicely. There's always been something about a black and white jeep that just looks cool. How do you like those fox shocks? Anything on the immediate horizon for your next mod?

Sub'd

Current build: 2016 JKU Hardrock | aka Dragon Lady
Past builds: '79 & '81 CJ7, 93 ZJ, 04 TJ Rubi

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
@Reaperukon I like the fox shocks appearance and how they perform on the road. At first I thought it was a rough ride but that was due to my not checking the PSI on the tires and just running with what Discount Tire shipped them with. I believe the PSI was between 34-38 PSI when I received them.

Since then I have lowered to 28 PSI to ensure most of the tread is in contact with the road and the ride has improved greatly by doing so.

I'm not looking at any immediate mods soon but if I was I would be looking at reinforcing the front axle (axle truss), rear tire carrier, gears, air intake, and exhaust.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts