Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received the brite box from Innovadd only took about 10 minutes to do the whole install. I will likely find a new location for the box at a later date.
Brite box installed behind grill. Has 4 connectins to be hooked up ground wire which happened to already be right next to where i installed the box, hot to the battery, and two connectors to one headlight. Which only required unhooking the wire from the light to the yellow connector and the other connector to headlight.

I drove down the road to try out.
Regular highbeams

Highbeams and low beams on together.

There was a noticable difference, and well worth the 99.00. I felt the lights only after a short drive and they didnt seem hot, but its only 40 degrees here right now. If your intersted in purchasing one contact Joel @ Innova Design & Distributing, Inc. - The Brite Box, Bulbzilla / Fogzilla, Diesel Turbo Lifesaver, Eclipse Sun Shade

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
For free I will run the factory fog lights and the high beams on and be happy. That is a matter of bending one of the fuses prongs under the hood and calling it a day.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Mortalis5509 said:
For free I will run the factory fog lights and the high beams on and be happy. That is a matter of bending one of the fuses prongs under the hood and calling it a day.
Agreed.

·
Rock-Rubber
16,971 Posts
LilYeller said:
This is the box that boosts up the amps going to your lights? If so I had something similar on my protege5. My experience with them is that they just make the light work harder and burn out faster.
And rape the eyeballs of oncoming traffic.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't have fog on mine, I have tube bumpers and no tabs for mounting fogs. This is to get me by till I swap bumpers.

I dont think it boost, it just bi-pass's the override. Keeps the lows on, when high beams are on. Myself and several others run these on the dodge pickups with no issues.

·
Rock-Rubber
16,971 Posts
tae73 said:
I don't have fog on mine, I have tube bumpers and no tabs for mounting fogs. This is to get me by till I swap bumpers.

I dont think it boost, it just bi-pass's the override. Keeps the lows on, when high beams are on. Myself and several others run these on the dodge pickups with no issues.
Okay. So there are two bulbs in the housing or what? I don't see how a single bulb could operate at two intensities. Then again I have never seen the inside of a Tj housing which is why I am asking.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Yeah there are two filaments in the regular headlamps on a TJ.

I'm a cheap bugger, I did the fog lamp mod like Mortalis mentioned.

And did the same thing as thing as the OP with a $5.00 relay and a couple bucks worth of wire, so my low beams and high beams can operate at the same time.

·
Rock-Rubber
16,971 Posts
Shelby427 said:

And did the same thing as thing as the OP with a $5.00 relay and a couple bucks worth of wire, so my low beams and high beams can operate at the same time.
That's awesome! I just put some 130 watt driving lights on that are illegal and use them on back roads. Which happen to be all roads where I live. Hahaha. I actually think my headlights are pretty bright.

·
Premium Member
5,491 Posts
Shelby427 said:

$5. Had one on my Yukon.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts

It might burn out the light faster, but I'm with Shelby, spend $5 on a bosch 40A relay to do the same thing as the $99 light box.

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
I'm guessing the OP failed to do any research prior to buying this $100 gadget. We all fall for these "miracle cures" every once in a while.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I took out my original seald beams and my mecanic in San Jose gave me the advise, ordered and installed some AUTOPAL headlights, with Flösser H4 blau (blue) 145/100 W bulbs, because I´m not very good in electic.
For the much stronger H4 bulbs he installed a new wiring harness with a relay for each lamp and new ceramic conectors for the bulbs, because the original ones would melt. :whistling:
The light is incredible and since the upgrade I only sometimes (heavy rain in the night) need the foglights. before it was impossible to drive on Costa Rican roads in the night without them.

I have to say that I was used to drive with Hella headlights the last 20 jears, because I bougt my first Jeep when I still lived in Germany and the sh..ty seald beams are not street legal in Europe. :nonono:

Greetings
Thomas

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I don't see how a single bulb could operate at two intensities.
Yep.

If you have the older style turn signal stalk, simply pull back to temporarily activate your high beams along with your low beams; note the brightness. Push the stalk forward to permanently activate high beams and turn off low beams; note it isn't as bright.

If you have the newer style turn signal stalk, pull back slightly on it to temporarilly activate high beams along with the low beams; note brightness. Finish pulling back and release turn signal stalk to permanently activate high beams and turn off low beams; note it isn't as bright.

Sorry to hear the OP got raped a bit when there are cheaper alternatives. Interesting mod nonetheless.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
I got lucky and when I bought mine used it came with delta head lights. They are great.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts