Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello WF,

Just heard some clear metalic grinding and took a look to find a broken bracket and my sway bar rubbing against the inside of my drivers side rear rim.

Is this a common issue and what is the fix, just reweld the bracket with beefier welds?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,075 Posts
yes you will need to weld the bracket, I would invest in a better bracket as quality ones attach to the axle tube via either welding or a U-bolt to give it more support. one like yours has no support and I can see why the weld broke.

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
That bracket was a ticking time bomb. As Jadmt said, with no support, it was going to break.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That bracket was a ticking time bomb. As Jadmt said, with no support, it was going to break.
Thanks everybody y’all are great!

What is the name of that bracket or that bar so I can get a new one? I’ll cut it off and install a ubolt version.

Better yet if you can reconnect a ubolt version I’d rather go with a recommendation...

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Tera flex, metal cloak, Rock Krawler, as well as many others sell the trac bar bracket that is much better supported. Some even recommend that they be welded as well.

·
Super Moderator
4,583 Posts
Thanks everybody y’all are great!

What is the name of that bracket or that bar so I can get a new one? I’ll cut it off and install a ubolt version.

Better yet if you can reconnect a ubolt version I’d rather go with a recommendation...
I believe that would be called a Rear Track Bar Relocation Bracket.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Wow if that link had been on the inside the bolt would have eaten your tire!
One more argument for outside mounting vs inside.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts