Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was installing a new headliner over the weekend and I decided to remove the rear glass to make the hard top easier to remove instead of asking for help. I ended up breaking off the defrost tab on the rear glass. Any help out there with repairing this? Called the dealer and an estimate of $1200 to replace the glass is going to be my last resort.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What year is your jeep
It's a 2013. I just went to a local electronics store and picked up some Silver Epoxy. Hopefully it will do the trick!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well we finally got some cool enough weather to produce some foggy windows and the silver epoxy did the trick! :iamhappy:

·
Registered
33,928 Posts
Thanks for letting us know that worked. Can you report back in a few months and let us know if it still working?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And... It finally broke! After the holidays of loading presents back and forth the tab broke off. Now it's Zero out and too cold to repair :rant: I'll try and do a better job again when the weather permits because I felt I kind of half arsed it to begin with. If it breaks again I'll try soldering it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts