Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While replacing my headlight bulb I accidentally broke the green snap that holds the connector in place. I'm not sure how I did this as, I've replaced bulbs a few times. Anyways I was trying to find a replacement part for the H13 connecter with no luck. I'm hoping someone has dealt with this before and can tell me if this is an easily replaceable part?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
453 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean by "broke" ? I broke mine too when installing Trucklite. The green connector is not apart or anything, but the "red" tab doesn't hold the connectors. I just used a zip tie and electrical type and seemed to hold the connections in place without any problems.

Worst case, you can just "cut" and "splice" and make a hard wire'd connection. This might work ??
Jeep 68018959AA Headlight Wiring Kit by Chrysler - Newegg.com

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure what you mean by "broke" ? I broke mine too when installing Trucklite. The green connector is not apart or anything, but the "red" tab doesn't hold the connectors. I just used a zip tie and electrical type and seemed to hold the connections in place without any problems.

Worst case, you can just "cut" and "splice" and make a hard wire'd connection. This might work ??
Jeep 68018959AA Headlight Wiring Kit by Chrysler - Newegg.com

This is exactly what I'm looking for. I can't believe I didn't stumble on this with google. I don't mind splicing it in. Yea it's strange as the red connector I slid back just fine, but when I pulled out the headlight there is a piece of green plastic that fell out and now headlight connector does not 'snap in place' now. I think I let headlight dangle a bit when removing the bezel and this caused undue stress on the connector. Thanks

·
Registered
453 Posts
This is exactly what I'm looking for. I can't believe I didn't stumble on this with google. I don't mind splicing it in. Yea it's strange as the red connector I slid back just fine, but when I pulled out the headlight there is a piece of green plastic that fell out and now headlight connector does not 'snap in place' now. I think I let headlight dangle a bit when removing the bezel and this caused undue stress on the connector. Thanks
Like I said on mine, it didn't snap back into place, it didn't "hold" the other end that was going in. I just used electrical tape and zip ties, maybe you can do the same.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Like I said on mine, it didn't snap back into place, it didn't "hold" the other end that was going in. I just used electrical tape and zip ties, maybe you can do the same.
What exactly did you zip tie?
I just broke that damn green tab on mine trying to get new bulb installed.
Maybe I'm just tired and pissed off but I can't picture what zip tie would attach to on bulb side to hold onto green connector? :)

·
Registered
453 Posts
-Ripnhl2005

LOL - that was like 2 years ago :) The green connector was the original harness from Jeep that you connect to the new harness of the LED lights... below is a picture of the "green" harness... it didn't snap into the new harness and the connection came loose hence the light wouldn't stay on, so I zip-tied it , if you want to see the actual picture I could take one from my jeep... the pic below is the harness I found on the internet...

21.jpg

·
Registered
190 Posts
Mine is not working again. Must be the pin I damaged

·
Registered
60 Posts
My left headlight quit working in July, so I replaced the bulb, and thought nothing more of it -- nothing, that is, until it again quit working last week. Knowing even a $20 halogen bulb should last more than several months, I pulled the grille and headlights to investigate.

Both headlights worked when connected on the right side, so I experimented a bit. I found neither of my headlight connectors will firmly lock the headlights in place. The red tab snaps forward with a headlamp pushed into place, but I can pull it right back out again with the red tab in the locked position.

For now, both assemblies are clean and pushed in as tightly as I could make them go, with the nonfunctional red tabs locked. If/when it happens again, I'll break out the zip ties and go from there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Headlight Connector

I too had a "broke" headlight connector that would not snap in place and secure the connection but it turned out that it wasn't actually broken. My 13-year-old son noticed that the red part would not slide forward and used a key to depress the green part down (towards the body of the connector). That allowed the red part to slide forward and then the connector worked properly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts