Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone...

I was about to make a huge step and swap out my 2.5 throttle body with a 4.0 throttle body(I have questions about this too... Do I change the two black sensors that are attached on the 4.0 to the 2.5 ones?)... Back to my main problem right now...As I got to working... I noticed an oily substance close to the throttle body... then low and behold... I see the broken HOSE!

It goes from the manifold to the air intake box thing... Does anyone know what this hose is called? And I'm assuming it's not suppose to be broke, correct? Could this be why my OIL PRESSURE guage goes a little wacky when driving... Like sometimes it's at half way, then it shoots up to the max.

Thanks for your input. I have attached a pick of the problem HOSE!

broken-piece.jpg

The had a little foam thing covering it up... I think that's why I never noticed it before!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
That is just the PCV valve. It's stupid valve that plays a role. It releases crankcase pressure from it building oil pressure. Just plug the two hoses together that are in the photo. Now the fact your oil pressure gauge doesn't work that is another issue all together. Here's the photo of this setup in the Chiltons book.

View attachment 272039

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Actually, thats not the PCV valve, its the PCV fresh air tube (the other end of the system), make sure you use PCV hose, espically if you are in an emissions state, using anything else will cause it to fail an emissions test, using heater hose will cause it to desintigrate within a few years.

Do it once, the right way and you wont have to worry about it ever again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts