Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so we got a bit of snow, close to an inch and some ice so while i was taking the gf home i decided i would try my 4wd again. i did and well it goes into 4wd just fine but man when i wanted to put it back into 2wd it wouldnt budge. I fought with it like crazy tried pulling it into N and 4l but nothing wouldnt move. the lever would move left and right like how you would put it into N but wouldnt move back into N. i ended up getting it into 4l but it grinded a bit and put it right back into N (and yes i know the drill with the 4wd, for 4h you can be going up to 50mph and pull it in and with 4l you must be in a slow crawl up to 5mph and must be moving a little for both) then i could get it to move a bit when trying to get it from N to 4h but it would grind. So eventually i put the tranny in N shut the Jeep off and put it back in 2wd turned jeep back on drove in R for a few feet to pop it back into 2wd all the way then didnt touch it again. damn things driving me crazy. I hate when it grinds because i feel like im going to break it. Now this is the second time this has happened to me and im wondering if the damn things broken or do i just need to adjust the shifter linkage?:confused: :banghead:

·
Show Me Your 8008135!
3,690 Posts
Sounds to me like a linkage issue...make sure it's adjusted properly and also lubricate all the pivot points up.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok what should be used for lube?

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone else have anything to say?

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no one?

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
about what? s3nt3nc3d pretty much summed it up.
Was just looking for more opinions lol but since he summed it up I guess I'll have to adjust it :thumb: thanks guys!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts