Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who would be up for a thread of broken or damaged parts and your ways of repairing or upgrading. I'd like to see what are some common failure points in either factory or aftermarket parts. The more unique the wreckage the better!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Who would be up for a thread of broken or damaged parts and your ways of repairing or upgrading. I'd like to see what are some common failure points in either factory or aftermarket parts. The more unique the wreckage the better!
I think that this is an excellent suggestion. Being the owner of a 2005 Wrangler Extreme with 44,000 miles, I have experienced several of what would normally be termed "unusual" failures that require costly OEM only parts to effect a repair.

Due to the ingenuity of a personal friend, and from my standpoint of 50+ years as a licensed vehicle dealer, the finest technician I have ever employed, I saved ~80% of the normal cost to repair if were I to have used the parts that were available only from the OEM.

I am certain that other owners have discovered and would be willing to share the knowledge that they have gained regarding ways to save an enormous amount of money in similar situations; that's just how Jeep owners are! http://www.wranglerforum.com/images/smilies/I am happy.gif

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've never broken anything on my 08 Jeep. Finesse over Brawn. :)

Reactions: Retired-Not-Dead
1 - 4 of 4 Posts