Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I broke off not one but two seized bolts from my rock sliders...... What method is best for removing them so I can replace with new bolts in the frame body?

My rock sliders are like new, but I’m at the point that buying new ones and paying the shop to install may be my best option if I can’t get the old bolts out. Kind of a “here you deal with it” situation

If I can get them out, what is the thread size to replace with?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Are they Mopar factory rock sliders?

If so, the nuts to the pinch seam are: Mopar 6104725AA Nut & Washer, M6x1.00

And the bolts to the body frame are: Mopar 6105103AA Hex Head Screw, M8x1.25x30.00

Also no need to pay a shop to reinstall for you, they're extremely easy to install on your own.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are they Mopar factory rock sliders?

If so, the nuts to the pinch seam are: Mopar 6104725AA Nut & Washer, M6x1.00

And the bolts to the body frame are: Mopar 6105103AA Hex Head Screw, M8x1.25x30.00

Also no need to pay a shop to reinstall for you, they're extremely easy to install on your own.

It’s removing the broken bolts I’m struggling with. I figure paying for new replacement sliders may be easiest solution, but obviously not cheapest. Not sure who makes them.... I will get pictures.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I broke off not one but two seized bolts from my rock sliders...... What method is best for removing them so I can replace with new bolts in the frame body?

My rock sliders are like new, but I’m at the point that buying new ones and paying the shop to install may be my best option if I can’t get the old bolts out. Kind of a “here you deal with it” situation

If I can get them out, what is the thread size to replace with?
Broke 1 off installing Rubi rails, it is a hardened bolt, attempted to back out with extractors.. finally drilled out, tapped the hole next size larger (don't remember bolt size) installed grade 5 bolt.. Should I have to do it again I would just drill it out and TAP save the time and breaking the back out bit.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess that's where I am..... I will need to drill them out I suppose. it seems like the threaded parts it bolts into aren't "fixed" and they have play...... I wasn't sure they could be drilled larger etc.... I wouldn't even know where to begin with what size to drill to, what bolts to use, etc.... I really think if I drill them out, I won't be able to reattach..... wish I had a welder.

·
Super Moderator
22,472 Posts
photo would help. not sure which rock sliders or bolts you are talking about.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
photo would help. not sure which rock sliders or bolts you are talking about.
I'm at work, but will post up the outside so you can see the sliders..... will need to get out there to get the under-side though, maybe won't happen tonight.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
The ends, that I don’t have pictures of, are close-ended square tubing. It does attach to underside and pinch seam

EDIT: last pic shows the end of it I guess.

·
Registered
653 Posts
The ends, that I don’t have pictures of, are close-ended square tubing. It does attach to underside and pinch seam

Sat. I will get photo and size of bolt I replaced the broken one that was drilled out.

·
Registered
653 Posts

The bolt head is 5/8 socket.. I drilled out the broken bolt, tapped the hole for this grade 5 bolt. Be sure to tap with same thread as the bolt.. fine or course.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts