Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Wrangler Unlimited that I bought just before Thanksgiving. When I bought it the bar that holds the swing door from opening too far was broken and the dealer said they’d fix it. I brought the Jeep home, had it a day, and that bar broke off again. They fixed it. I just opened the swing door and that bar just broke off again. How/where can I get the stupid thing fixed?

Attachments

·
WF approved Offical Jeep Account.
1,572 Posts
I have a 2012 Wrangler Unlimited that I bought just before Thanksgiving. When I bought it the bar that holds the swing door from opening too far was broken and the dealer said they’d fix it. I brought the Jeep home, had it a day, and that bar broke off again. They fixed it. I just opened the swing door and that bar just broke off again. How/where can I get the stupid thing fixed?
We're sorry to hear about this. Should you decide to continue working with your dealer, feel free to send us a PM.
Alex
JeepCares

·
Registered
55 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me 3 times within a month on my (at the time) brand new 2016. The dealer blamed my 33 spare tire and it's excessive weight, even after they upgraded the tire bracket to the heavy duty version. They were quite unpleasant about the whole thing.

Eventually I did a rear tire delete and it's been mostly ok ever since, but I don't trust it it all and tend to never open the rear to its fullest extent.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Same here

Same thing happened to me, you need new hinges. What happens is the tail gate over extends and the check strap pops out. When it pops out the hinge folds over itself bending the metal on the hinge. I broke my taillight and got a new check strap and the new one broke too. The hinges needed to be replaced along with the check strap. $600 at the dealer or you can DIY.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts