Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Exactly, if you are deciding between a wrangler and a bronco then they are competitors. Hell a lot of these hardcore off-roaders completely replace the axles Jeep uses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’ve been shopping and am trying to decide between a Nissan Murano convertible or ordering and waiting for a Bronco.

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
So if I’m thinking about going in the ring with Mike Tyson then I’m a competitor?

Reactions: EJKWW

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
If you get in the ring with Tyson then yes you would be his competition. Literally the definition. There is no value based on how good one is versus the other. If you are deciding on a Nissan over a Jeep then the two are competing for your sale.

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
technically yes. you would be his competitor but everyone talking about it would say "it's no competition."
I think technically people would say I’m mentally unstable even though I may profess my competitiveness. In that sense there is some subjectivity there. I could also claim that my one house Airbnb is a competitor to Hilton Hotels. That statement would be objectively false, but could be subjectively true.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Exactly, if you are deciding between a wrangler and a bronco then they are competitors. Hell a lot of these hardcore off-roaders completely replace the axles Jeep uses.

yeah from solid axle to solid axle. IFS to solid axle is a different story, with the jeep you have the option to upgrade to bigger axles that option doesn't exist with IFS unless you're a great fabricator.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
yeah from solid axle to solid axle. IFS to solid axle is a different story, with the jeep you have the option to upgrade to bigger axles that option doesn't exist with IFS unless you're a great fabricator.
Yep that definitely makes a big difference and there wouldn’t be competition, but I think for the masses that it is fair to say that the wrangler and bronco are competitors, Atleast for an average buyer. Those people probably wouldn’t be on a forum like this though.

·
Registered
220 Posts
oh forsure i think the bronco is going to be great. lets face it most people don't even know what IFS and solid axles are. i personally like ford especially the new fords i think they're stepping their quality up quite a bit

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
The Wrangler suspension is way more than most need or want for their off road use. The only advantage of the IFS is the ride quality on dirt roads. As all the moving parts wear that thing will be a beast to keep on the road, although that will take many miles. The Bronco will take many Wrangler sales just because it's different and new. A well equipped Bronco will do anything

·
Registered
245 Posts
Go ahead and get that Murano convertible. Let us know how that works out.

I’ve been shopping and am trying to decide between a Nissan Murano convertible or ordering and waiting for a Bronco.
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
26 Posts
Bronco is fine imo. 33s it will be great. 35s you will see CVs pop. 37s we get highlights. Time will tell.

IMO I have comparisons. 4WD 24-7 I want to say those rangers are running those bronco components. Nothing wrong with that they hold up great imo. Always the CV that blows up though imo. Nothing wrong with that. Know the limitations and they stay to 35s which is really optimal. I wonder what those limitations are for people though .

As for on 37s there are pictures on 37s (with a 2 lift which is great imo.) We'll see how it goes, but I am very skeptical unless it is a very overbuild IFS. Bronco is ready when it is ready.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Bronco is fine imo. 33s it will be great. 35s you will see CVs pop. 37s we get highlights. Time will tell.

IMO I have comparisons. 4WD 24-7 I want to say those rangers are running those bronco components. Nothing wrong with that they hold up great imo. Always the CV that blows up though imo. Nothing wrong with that. Know the limitations and they stay to 35s which is really optimal. I wonder what those limitations are for people though .

As for on 37s there are pictures on 37s (with a 2 lift which is great imo.) We'll see how it goes, but I am very skeptical unless it is a very overbuild IFS. Bronco is ready when it is ready.
Do they run 35s on their ifs trucks? i know graham doesn't run 35s on his Dmax what other ifs truck do they feature?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Do they run 35s on their ifs trucks? i know graham doesn't run 35s on his Dmax what other ifs truck do they feature?
Bunch of IFS are running 35s as of late. Ones I remember: 200 custom UTE (cut down landcruiser with a box on the back and Shano had one made too,) Non cut 200 (pulls a trailer and breaks both CVs at the same time,) another new 200 from Sparesbox, brand new ford ranger I want to say was on 35s, and I believe there are others I am forgetting about (Falcon suspension guys I believe run 35s but can't specifically recall.) No IFS on 37s come to mind. I could be wrong as some of the 200s could be on 37 but I really don't think so.

Gram on his DMax runs 31s, his older truck is like a 2 door landcruiser on 33s.

Reactions: EJKWW

·
Registered
129 Posts
Ford Raptors and Ram TRXs run 35+ tires and do just fine.

Once again, the forecast of blown CVs is being made using outdated information in an attempt to be snarky instead of informative.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ford Raptors and Ram TRXs run 35+ tires and do just fine.

Once again, the forecast of blown CVs is being made using outdated information in an attempt to be snarky instead of informative.
Bronco shares components with ranger and that is coming from ford. Really though Bronco and ranger are midsize while f-150 raptor is a full size. I don't see ford giving you raptor components for 20k less on standard broncos (their warthog version I could see that because the prices line up.) I'm genuinely curious what the components are and how well they hold up. Time will tell.

·
Registered
928 Posts
The biggest thing that's going to hold me back from a Bronco (full size) is the availability of a manual transmission. I know you can get it with the base engine, at least on the sport. But can you get it with the more powerful motor? Has there been any talk about that? Because as long as I can get it only a Jeep, I'll stick with it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Not EVERYONE buys a Wrangler to do rock crawling. I know, amazing thinking. At the end of the day, a Wrangler is a niche vehicle that is fits an adventurers lifestyle. The Bronco appears to be the same. Just because it's lacking a solid axle doesn't mean it's not a competitor. Both have very capable off-road capabilities. Both can be modified and customized. Both come in 4 or 2 door versions. As much as I love 4Runners (I have 2 v8 versions), they are more of an overlander/every day vehicle. I lifted one and it should do well on the trails, if I ever go. That's it though. You get a sunroof, doors that stay on, and a solidly built vehicle that is woefully under-powered with current 4.0 option.

I think Broncos will be a great combination of driving well + off-road ability. Off-road for my uses anyways. Plus cost appears to come in reasonable as well. I bet they steal a lot of Wrangler buyers as a result.

·
Super Moderator
10,137 Posts
Saying that Bronco won’t compete with Wrangler based on the front axle is like saying that Gladiator doesn’t compete with Ranger and Tacoma.

Everything competes with everything. Wranglers compete everyday for people’s money against Chevrolet Blazers, Honda Passports, Subaru Outbacks, Grand Cherokees, Audis and BMWs. The more Wrangler attracts first-time Jeep buyers, the more this is true.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Bronco shares components with ranger and that is coming from ford. Really though Bronco and ranger are midsize while f-150 raptor is a full size. I don't see ford giving you raptor components for 20k less on standard broncos (their warthog version I could see that because the prices line up.) I'm genuinely curious what the components are and how well they hold up. Time will tell.
The JK and JL share componets with a minivan so does that make it not as tough? Just about every vehcile out there shares some parts with another. Your comparisons are stupid. The wrangler and bronco could not be more similar than any other two vehicles. They are direct competitors being off road, mid sized, 4x4, with removable tops. 99% of the people that buy wranglers would be better off with an IFS front and most that complain about that have no idea what they are talking about. Just like Jeep there will be after market upgrades to weak componets and there will be plenty of choices on lifts so the look at me crowd can run big tires.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts