Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my first Jeep, a 2015 Wrangler Willys 2 door. I was thinking about getting the Fuel Anza wheels in bronze and was wondering if yall think it would good with the Tank color. I cant seem to find any pictures with them on a Tank colored Jeep. Thanks.

·
Registered
10,254 Posts
IMHO, they would look fine. The featured 75A was in dark green with bronze wheels, and I am sure you'll get the same great look.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I've got them. They look good. HOWEVER....there are issues...

If you don't like dirty rims...don't get them. THEY ARE ALWAYS DIRTY.
If you don't like dirty water/sand/dirt/salty brine in the winter ALWAYS in your rims...don't get them.

There is a huge design flaw in them. They have a channel that traps water and dirt for days as it has no way to drain and no way to spin out. It's a by product of the faux bead locks I'm afraid. I am certain in short order the rims will be hydro/sand blasted in those groves.

Other than that. I like them. But I don't think I'll keep them for more than 1-2 years as a result.

If I could re-do it now, I would have chosen another bronze wheel.

Here is what I am talking about. (In these pictures...I washed my whole jeep just ONE HOUR before and drove no more than 20 miles on dry roads. It's the amount of dirt that gets up inside and stays inside the wheels. Even after quite a bit of time on each wheel and them looking great moments after washing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
USMCmike thanks for the post and the pics. Something to think about before I make a purchase. I really like the looks of the Anza. I also like the classic look of the MT classic III.
Just too many choices with a jeep lol.

·
Registered
343 Posts
There are a lot I like about them. I just wish they had engineered them with some sort of swoosh in the metal in that channel that fanned out the water. But...there are lots of things that are always not ideal with a Jeep. It's more of an "almost great thing" with Jeeps and Jeep parts! Always a compromise!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have the Bully Pro and I also have a problem with water getting trapped in the wheel. In the winter water would freeze causing huge balance issues. They look great but its hard to get past the water issue. Obviously in the summer its not an issue for me other than water staining. I plasti-dipped my rings and it look awesome.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I have the Bully Pro and I also have a problem with water getting trapped in the wheel. In the winter water would freeze causing huge balance issues. They look great but its hard to get past the water issue. Obviously in the summer its not an issue for me other than water staining. I plasti-dipped my rings and it look awesome.
Same here with the ice. I brought along extra microfiber rags and dried them when I could...but sometimes it was too late.

I know women have a saying. "Beauty is pain" I suppose Jeepers know this well.

·
Premium Member
16,895 Posts
I have an "upgraded" Jeep wheel on my Sport. Dumbest design ever, same thing. It has a Large channel behind the spokes that holds about a quart of water for as long as the Jeep sits still and my Sport sits for days at a time.
Total PIA. I hate stupidity and when it's intentional I wanna choke somebody.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts