Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1181 - 1200 of 1216 Posts

·
Administrator
16,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,185 ·
Baby steps.
Axle is fully stripped, just need to make the cut to the short side casting, trim Cs then prep/weld this baby up!

·
Administrator
16,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,189 ·
At this point OX is my front runner for lockers both front and rear. I really like the idea of their drive away lock. I reached out to OX inquiring about their upcoming 14 bolt locker, this was their response:
"Hi Jeff, We are at the point that the machine shop is going to start machining parts by the end of January. It is about a 6 week process."

Looks like the timing might work out....???

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Love the OX locker. I had one in my 2008 Brutus D44HD .. I chose the electric actuator, my buddy chose the mechanical shifter. Both work flawlessly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
16,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,191 ·
Thank for the input @JTPhoto JK !

I'm still undecided about air or electric, haven't researched whether I could actuate the electric with my existing switches. That will probably be my preference if it's possible.
I'll be adding an ARB twin, so air will be available too.

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
With the electric actuator The problem of running through the factory Rubi locker switch is that it would also run through the CANBUS which means locker limited to 4Lo only and cuts out at a certain speed ..
the electric actuator comes with its own harness and carling switch. Once connected, the carling switch will only light up once the OX locker is fully engaged so it is actually much better and faster then the factory switch. So if you already have a switch panel you are set.
I also mounted the electric actuator under the dash rather then in the engine bay to keep it out of the elements. The other bonus to that is you can hear the actuator engaging the locker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
381 Posts
Rear axle is ordered, rear axle truss and ABS is ordered.

I did a quick and dirty Photoshop job on the design I'm going for.

View attachment 4472883

Look like white wheels may be gaining more popularity than realized. Also love the vintage CJ style badging/decals on the newer Jeep JKs/JLs.

The PS job looks awesome. Look forward to seeing the real thing when you're done.

·
Administrator
16,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,199 ·
Big thanks to Matt with @Discount Tire for getting me the 8x170 wheels from their online/mail order division. He hooked me up with some spline lugs as well.

So the Vision D wheels are here, but still need to get powder coated.

Going with the Colby Valve Ultimate short valves, no tpms. Thanks to David at Colby Valve for his help in deciding which system. Ultimate Valve System 2-Pack They participate in one of the overland rallies we go to. Their emergency valve system saved our butt on our fall 2018 ride when we lost 2 valve stems (within a few minutes of each other)

1181 - 1200 of 1216 Posts