Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased the 2014 Sahara from Crown Motors in Farmington MO, on Oct 22, 2014.

I installed a 2.5 Rough Country lift and a set of 33X12.50R17 Gladiator Tires with KMC XD Addict wheels.

Have a few more things ordered to install this weekend, will update after those are done.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lighting - LED light bar, cubes, rock lights and CB & 2 meter ham radio, are on the short list for this weekend if it all comes in.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ordered a LED light bar and some Aluminum windshield mounts and some dually lights.

I had an issue the end cap, I over tightened it. So I bought and M8X1.25 tap and new bolts and I drilled and taped the end caps. I actually feel these threads hold better, I felt more secure about them.

I went out and aimed the lights after dark, the duallies are aimed to the side and fill in the area where the light bar leave off back around to the driver.

The bright white light really makes the headlights and fog lights look yellow.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was time for Radio Comm install, when with a Dual Band Icom 2m/440 ham radio

Then it has been a while since I installed a CB, I put out a want on Facebook and a FB friend gave me a cheap CB that fit in the console.

Then what was the right mount, i know it is tough on a Jeep dealing with a ground plane, ground and just getting a CB to work well so I went with a Firestick No Ground Plane kit.

I really like the mount, it is good and solid and looks good on the jeep, it is out of the way and blends right in. The Antenna is their firefly top load, figured that would help with reflection from the top and tub.

I am very pleased, I was able to tune a 1.7 SWR on 1 and 40 and it dips to a 1to1 on channel 20, can't get much better!

So I have the lift, tire & wheel, and radio comms.... Got my christmas list made for some recovery items. I am ready.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jumped on the para cord wagon and made some grab handles, after the lift kit the wife needed something to help get her in.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I made some keychain also

And I made the pup a tug/pull toy that he really likes.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Keep up the good work! Welcome to the Amp'd family :)
Girlfriend got me the 59" lightbar for my birthday this weekend so hopefully install it later this week when my mounts arrive. Where you run the wire?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ran the wires under the windshield mount and then under the cowl.

Then down the side of the hood seal and mounted my relay on the fender next to the bathroom, with the switch wires across the back of the firewall and through the hold under the brake booster into the cab.

right now I just have the elcheapo switch that came with the wiring harness stuck on the apillar for now, I have submitted my list to Mrs. Claus for some better switches.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Installed the Quadratec Stealth LED Headlights today. Took me longer to find my torx driver than to do the install.

Thanks to Rick at Quadtrec for the great deal!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
LED's

Installed the Quadratec Stealth LED Headlights today. Took me longer to find my torx driver than to do the install.
Looks Great! Do these lights affect your FM reception? I installed Oracle replacement LED bulbs & they interfere with the FM radio. I want to know if its all LED lights or just the ones I got . Thanks

Thanks to Rick at Quadtrec for the great deal!!
Looks Great! Do these lights affect your FM reception? I installed Oracle replacement LED bulbs & they interfere with the FM radio. I want to know if its all LED lights or just the ones I got . Thanks

1 - 20 of 72 Posts