Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 JKU automatic, 3.6 135,000 miles. Just started few months ago and cannot figure it out!?!? In the mornings cold start. Jeep bucks/hesitates/ feels like a teenager driving a stick for the first time. When the engine reaches about 160° the bucking/hesitation dampens then goes away. No light as USUAL. No codes. No pending codes. Reminds me of someone gasping for air lol. Fluids and maintenance are up to schedule. Engine and transmission pur like new. Fuel pressure good. No slips, shifts smoothly on point. It’s just the first initial cold start OR if I don’t drive for few hours and do a cold start again it happens. Thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!

·
Registered
810 Posts
2013 JKU automatic, 3.6 135,000 miles. Just started few months ago and cannot figure it out!?!? In the mornings cold start. Jeep bucks/hesitates/ feels like a teenager driving a stick for the first time. When the engine reaches about 160° the bucking/hesitation dampens then goes away. No light as USUAL. No codes. No pending codes. Reminds me of someone gasping for air lol. Fluids and maintenance are up to schedule. Engine and transmission pur like new. Fuel pressure good. No slips, shifts smoothly on point. It’s just the first initial cold start OR if I don’t drive for few hours and do a cold start again it happens. Thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!
Intake manifold would be my first suspect. A slight crack or leak will close up as the temp rises. I had a Durango do it with a plastic intake and my daughter's F150 does it now. I'm not sure if it would throw a code on a Wrangler, the F150 doesn't.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Intake manifold would be my first suspect. A slight crack or leak will close up as the temp rises. I had a Durango do it with a plastic intake and my daughter's F150 does it now. I'm not sure if it would throw a code on a Wrangler, the F150 doesn't.

Thanks! I will look into it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts